Help! Can't install CFP.

Hi, I’m having some kind of problem.
I had tried Comodo Firewall a while back and switched it for something else.
Today, I wanted to instal the new version. this message popped-up:
“You seem to be having COMODO Firewall Pro installed using older version of installer. Please go to `Start-> Control Panel (… blah, blah, blah…) and uninstall Comodo Firewall”
Needless to say that CFP is NOT installed, I have cleaned the registry using more than 2 reg.cleaners and even uninstalled some keys myself. Used Kerio & PC Tools firewall without problems.I’m really stuck here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

You can try:

1. Use Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp to delete the wrong .msi entries in the registry.
  2. Delete the Comodo installation folder.
  3. Install Comodo (new version).

Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp: Microsoft Support

Hope you’re lucky Spyros (:KWL)

Hi I’m Having the same problem,

Mine is a clean install of Windows XP on a newly formatted boot partition. Tried to install CPF and the first time round the installation could not complete. Now every time I try to run setup of CPF 2.4 i get the same error as the guy above.

Tried running the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp and another Reigistry cleaner posted in a different thread, but still no luck. As far as I can tell there is no trace of CPF anywhere on my system, no install folder, doesnt show in Windows Add/Remove Programs, cleared the registry, also tried the method of stopping the WMI and deleting the repository folder, but guess what, I have no repository folder!!!

Please help.

Have you guys tried the advice in this thread: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5326.0.html ?

Also, you can try this:

Go to Windows Services (shortcut is: go to Start/Run, type “services.msc” then OK). Look for Comodo Application entry; change the startup type to Disabled.

Then go to Windows Device Manager (shortcut: go to Start/Run, type “devmgmt.msc” then OK). Go to View, then Show Hidden Devices. Look under the Non-Plug and Play Drivers, for Comodo Application Engine and Comodo Network Engine. Uninstall them both.

Then go to Start/Run, type “msconfig” OK. Startup tab. Look for an entry for CPF.exe. If present and checked, uncheck it. Apply, OK.

Now reboot your computer.

Then run your registry cleaner again. In addition to “auto” cleaning, you may need to “manually” search for Comodo Firewall entries. Reboot after running reg cleaner.

Hope that helps,

LM