[HELP] (again) ===>BSOD when updating firefox [RESOLVED]

hi, has anyone experienced this problem?
today a pop up window told me that there’s an update for firefox, i got BSOD when the update starts, right now i can’t use firefox (using IE 6), and trying to update it through google updater (update to firefox 2.0.0.6).

Ganda

I had to update firefox earlier. But everything went smooth. Hey maybe that’s the next product Comodo can create Comodo Browser? :o

??? then what’s wrong with my computer? i think my computer’s acting weird lately.
comodo browser? i don’t think so, firefox & opera are enough. maybe a toolbar (like trusttoolbar) for every browser is enough.

I just tried to google some info bout today’s firefox update and i couldnt find anyone else having this issue. so maybe it is your computer? Also A Comodo browser would be better, faster and Safer then Firefox or Opera :slight_smile: (B)

another BSOD when updating firefox :THNK (:AGY)
got first BSOD when updating from 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 (need to update through google updater)
now i get BSOD when updating the 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.7. and it’s worse.

after the BSOD, i can’t open firefox (this is happened on both update: 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.7 (maybe coz the update was corrupted, BSOD on 10% progress bar ).and another mess :
on control panel (add/remove program) the firefox version is 2.0.0.6, but in google updater the version is the latest 2.0.0.7, (the google updater thinks my firefox is the newest version,so i can’t update FireFox through it). i’ve tried to uninstall FF via control panel,google updater, Zsoft uninstaller, and the CCleaner uninstaller, it didn’t work.

somebody help meeeeeeeeee :‘( :’( :cry: (:SAD) (:SAD)

Ganda

i’ve post my question on firefox forum too, and still no solution.
:THNK :THNK

forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3067359#3067359

Have you tried downloading the latest version from here, and then just installing it over the top of the old one?

It’s worth a shot, IMO

thx qwerty, i’ll try it.

edit : that works!!! WOHOOOOOO
:BNC

thx a lot qwerty, really appreciated.

I’m glad you got it sorted :slight_smile: (:NRD)

Great suggestion, qwerty.

Maybe this will help Goose17’s BSOD issue on the other thread.

Should the issue return you know the drill: pm a mod to open the thread