Has Comodo Staff left the building?

We do Ewen - I think that’s the point being made. Why are Comodo (staff) not engaging with their customers? Relying on volunteers (who presumably don’t have the ability to speak to Comodo staff either) is crazy in this day and age.

Comodo Staff come and go on this forum but communicating or interacting with users? No way!

Sadly true bud. :frowning:

Comodo Staff not communicating with their users and not communicating with their forum moderators anymore?
Then what is the whole purpose of having or maintaining this forum for any longer?
People being here on this forum are just wasting their time then.

Sad day indeed but the writing is on the wall. None the less it’s been a nice ride. Melih said he would support CIS after he sold the Digital Certificate part of his business. He called CIS " his baby and not to worry about it. The software would be maintained." I bring this up because it’s not on staff but on guess who ? If Melih is still in charge he needs to tell the facts about the future of the software ?

A rewritten CIS? That’ll be ready on the day when fairy tales come true.

For the release of CIS v12 the code of the AV was rewritten, code refactoring, resulting in better performance. That’s not a fairy tale.

With a rewritten CIS I - and probably ReeceN too - meant a complete rewritten CIS, not only the AV part.
A complete rewritten CIS that fixes all bugs including the long lasting, not being fixed anymore, nasty annoying bugs.
That is what I call a fairy tale that will never come true.

At least one person got the nerve to stand up to speak his mind about what is going on here, bravo!

Getting all bugs fixed in software development is a fairy tale indeed and looking for that would be a folly. But a partial rewrite (code refactoring of a module) surely is a sign that Comodo cares about the quality of CIS as does the introduction of the light AV database.

That being said. Over the past one and a half years CIS development has seen 4 lead developers (Program Managers) which may be of influence on the pace of development and bug fixing.

Seems Comodo Staff is opting to act more under the curtain these days rather than communicating with its userbase. They are professionals and know how to develop their software, requiring input from users is not as benefical as it was in the past, they may think.

There is a recurring discussion everywhere that companies should listen more to their customers, try to understand what are their needs, preferences and strive to deliver that. The customer is always right as they say. Comodo seems to be doing the exact opposite unfortunately.

Code refactoring is a far too expensive over the top void expression used by software engineers used to fool managers into believing that polishing the looks of the written code without changing the functionality of the code fixes bugs which it does not. It has also nothing to do with the Quality of the software as seen or experienced by users.
Only hunting for bugs in written code and changing the functionality of the code will fix bugs, nothing else does.

Implementing new features to create new bugs is good, fixing bugs is best.

Yes indeed, getting all the bugs out of software is a fairy tale but Comodo isn’t even able - or just being too lazy - to fix the current and long lasting nasty bugs.
Getting these bugs fixed by Comodo is a fairy tale on its own which doesn’t come true either.

Regarding the lead developers (Program Managers), where are they on this forum?
And where is Comodo Staff which used to handle the bug reports and other things on this forum???

That’s exactly what code refactoring is according to Wikipedia.

fixes bugs which it does not.
As can be inferred from the Wikipedia article. I can only assume managers actually look up the lingo of the techies they are managing. I know I would.

It has also nothing to do with the Quality of the software as seen or experienced by users.
Not according to Wikipedia:
Another potential goal for refactoring is improved performance; software engineers face an ongoing challenge to write programs that perform faster or use less memory.
Many of us appreciated the performance gain after the code refactoring of the cavwp.exe executable
Only hunting for bugs in written code and changing the functionality of the code will fix bugs, nothing else does

Implementing new features to create new bugs is good, fixing bugs is best.

Yes indeed, getting all the bugs out of software is a fairy tale but Comodo isn’t even able - or just being too lazy - to fix the current and long lasting nasty bugs.
Getting these bugs fixed by Comodo is a fairy tale on its own which doesn’t come true either.

Regarding the lead developers (Program Managers), where are they on this forum?
And where is Comodo Staff which used to handle the bug reports and other things on this forum???

Over the past five years the relation between Comodo and the forums has changed which I assume is due to Comodo growing and hiring new employees. In this change of culture the forums seem no longer to be seen an organic part of Comodo as it was in the past. It makes it harder for us mods to get information from Comodo and get a relationship established. Which is very unfortunate; both Comodo and the forums deserve better. :-\

For your information, I haven’t used Wikipedia or any other site to look up the meaning of Code Refactoring, I speak from many years of experience with this nonsense term.
Yes, it may result in smaller and faster code saving a few bytes on your hard disk but in no way does it fix any core bugs, software engineers have to hunt for and fix those bugs themselves by modifying the functionality of the code as I already said.

Am I correct when I say that at this moment of writing even the forum moderators don’t know where Comodo Staff is or what they are doing or what their plans are with respect to the forum or with the future of CIS?
More forum members want to know what is going on behind the scenes.

I spoke about the code refactoring to underline that Comodo, although less communicative, still has a vested interest in the quality of CIS.

[

Am I correct when I say that at this moment of writing even the forum moderators don’t know where Comodo Staff is or what they are doing or what their plans are with respect to the forum or with the future of CIS?
More forum members want to know what is going on behind the scenes.
We know where they are and who they are but communication lines are thin these days. After the turmoil with changes on the website that seemed to allude to CIS becoming a paid program Comodo reaffirmed us that CIS would stay a free program and that has shown to be true; I do not worry about it. After the changes were made to the website download links of the free versions of CIS were provided however they have become more buried. CIS stays free with paid versions for those who like the additional services.

According to Servin Genc they were focusing on fixing bugs. Which is appreciated although I must admit I was not too impressed with the list of fixes for the beta but I like the light AV database a lot.

In the process with the changing program managers we never got a road map even after multiple requests for one. Unfortunately QA member Dharshu has left Comodo last August. He did a wonderful job also behind the scenes providing us with little snippets of information.

At least some (good) news, thanks.

Besides implementing new features I surely hope that they keep the focus on fixing (long lasting) bugs to improve CIS quality much further.

I fully agree with that Dharshu did a great job even though I’m relatively short period forum member and I only talked to him a few times.
It is very sad that he has left Comodo, I don’t hope that with him the lifeline between Comodo and this forum will vanish forever.

Are there any signs or plans that the forum will get a replacement QA member so that forum members can keep communicating with Comodo to contribute to improve CIS to make it the best security product on earth?

Hi CISfan,

Dharshu is one of our team member. When she left comodo C.O.M.O.D.O RT has been created inorder not to miss communication and logs provided by the customers via personal message. Its a team. We are also handling several other processes and was concentrating on new release.

Since there was a change in development team we are unable to provide you the road map as discussed. But our current developer Mert is good in fixing bugs and he developed the light signature feature. Hope we can fix pending bugs as soon as possible.

A person is being trained to handle forum complaints, I will handle it until he get trained.

Thanks for the update Metheni . . . it is much appreciated

Thank you for the heads up Mehtheni and nice to see you again. :slight_smile:

It’s good to hear from Comodo; it makes the development more real and visceral. :-TU There have been a lot of changes with the CIS development team over the past one and a half years which had its influence on communication with the forums. The latter seems part of a gradual shift in culture within Comodo in which the forums are less integrated. I hope once the new team is set in its ways and found its path we will be able to restore some of the old and organic relationship which was beneficial for both Comodo and the forums.

Hi Metheni,

First, my apologies to Dharshu (if she is still with us here and reading these posts) for calling her he/him in my previous post, I didn’t know sorry for that.

Thank you for your feedback, very welcome!
I hope you have more developers or software engineers working on fixing bugs. Working on new features and fixing bugs at the same time is too much work for one person.

Thanks for being interim forum complaint handler, please let us know who will take over from you after training.

Let us all here on this forum work together to make CIS the best security suite in the world!

Thanks.