Has Comodo beefed up 2.4 to 3.0? KAV now won't install with 2.4

I’ve been running both 3.0 and 2.4 depending on which drive or image I’m running at the time. I got KAV 7 for Christmas, but didn’t install it until late January. KAV 7 wouldn’t play well with 3.0 & I had a year’s updates of KAV so I installed it on top of Comodo 2.4, with absolutely no problems. (I’m on the drive with both KAV 7 & Comodo 2.4 now—and KAV was installed after 2.4). Last week I decided to install SP3. I got a clean image out and got everything updated to SP3 except the image of KAV and 2.4. I’ve had this 'net drive for so long, I decided to install KAV and 2.4 fresh on a clean SP3 image. I installed 2.4 got everything configured and then went to install KAV. KAV won’t let me install it’s AV unless I dump Comodo 2.4 and I’ve been using them together since January with no visable problems. In January, I installed KAV on the drive with 2.4 and KAV didn’t stop the install, and it didn’t stop the install with 3.0 either, but I had some major problems so I dumped KAV with 3.0 and went back to Mcafee. The KAV AV disk hasn’t changed so there’s only 2 logical reasons why KAV won’t let me install on top of 2.4. 1) there’s something different in the latest 2.4 DL from the 2.4 DL that I’ve had on this drive forever that’s setting the KAV install block off, or 2) it’s SP3. . (I DL this 2.4 file about a month or 2 ago, can’t remember), If anyone knows of a work-a-round to install KAV after 2.4 I would appreciate it. I tried safe-mode–KAV wouldn’t install. I tried turning 2.4 off from services, MSCONFIG, and turning the XP firewall back on, but KAV still wouldn’t install. Then I tried moving the 2.4 files out of program files to another partition, then installing another administrator account to load KAV , and that didn’t work either. The sad thing is, that KAV seems to work with no problems with 2.4, and I’ll dump KAV before I dump either Comodo 2.4 or 3.0.

KAV doesn’t get along with anything. Dump it and get Avira free for 6 months. Look at reply 16

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virusmalware_productsother_security_products/kaspersky_2009_and_comodo_firewall_kasperskycomodo_compatability-t23107.15.html

KAV doesn't get along with anything.
Isn't that the truth. I like KAV's protection as it caught a trojan as I was surfing some less-than-than-respectable sites 2 or 3 weeks ago. What I dislike is trying to decipher KAV's proactive defense vague PU definitions, and it's seems to get cranky if you don't update it every 2 or 3 days, as I don't allow it to auto-update. I guess Comodo and Kaspersky are feuding, as I've never had any program just refuse to install unless you dumped another program. Does anyone know if you install KAV 1st and then 2.4 afterwards if KAV will even let you install 2.4. I tried Avira about a year ago, and when I uninstalled it, it did more than just uninstall itself and I had to reinstall my OS from image. Before you install Avira, I would definitely have pre-avira OS workable image if you decide to uninstall aviral.

Avira Premium 8 is flawless and detection rate is better then KAV. If you want KAV then install KAV first then Comodo.

Kaspersky and Avira are closed in numbers. Certain sites gives diffrent results. I consider them about the same on protection and Kaspersky is better on updates and definitions frequently.

KAV 2009 works with Comodo V3
KAV 7 isnt made to work with either Comodo, Though its been said they can co-exist peacefully after some configuration settings

I am running KAV 2009 with a one year license with Comodo Firewall Professional 3.0 and I havent had a problem yet.

KAV 7 will work with CFP 3.0 (please see my signature).

There can be compatibility problems – it is highly dependent on your system’s installed software – but do not base your final decision on overly-broad and biased statements such as, “KAV doesn’t get along with anything…”

If you need assistance in getting KAV and CFP working together, let me know. You’ve already got a year’s worth of KAV updates, so put them to good use. There’s no need to switch to another program, such as Avira.

I think I just got the answer from the KAV forum. I’ll give this bypass a try in the next couple of days and see if everything works out. ;D I don’t think I would try this without a workable OS image BU. Anyone else tried this bypass while trying to install KAV after 2.4 (or 3.0)? Still scratching my head as to why KAV didn’t stop the install in January when I installed it with that old version of 2.4 active. http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279498

How to skip scan for incompatible Software when installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0
new option has been added to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 \Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0; this option allows skipping scan for incompatible software during the product installation.

WarningThis option is recommended ONLY if the user is absolutely sure that the third-party software was deleted but is still detected by the Setup Wizard of Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 7.0. Otherwise after the program installation the operating system may start malfunctioning and even crash.

In order to start Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 and skip scan for incompatible software, do the following:

* download the distributive of the latest version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 from the link http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates and save it on your PC. 
* run the product installation
* in the Setup Wizard window click Cancel.     * make sure the following folder appeared on the local disc C:\: 
      o for Windows 2000\XP: 
            + if Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 was installed the folder \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.xxx\English with the embedded files setup.exe and kav.en.msi appears on the local disk 
            + if Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 was installed the folder \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.xxx\English with the embedded files setup.exe and kis.en.msi appears on the local disk 
      o for Windows Vista: 
            + if Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 was installed the folder \ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.x.xxx\Eglish with the embedded files setup.exe and kav.en.msi appears on the local disk 
            + if Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 was installed the folder \ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.x.xxx\English with the embedded files setup.exe and kis.en.msi appears on the local disk 
* go to Start > Run   Enter CMD and click OK,   enter <full path and file name> /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1. For example, if you install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 under Windows XP in this case the command line should be the following C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.xxx\English\setup.exe /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1. Click Enter to run the Setup Wizard.</blockquote>

Also do not install KAV’s HIPS and Proactive Defense, CFP3 already contain those, Also disable all ports monitoring inside KAV.
AMEN

Hmm…I’ve always had Proactive Defense running with no conflicts from CFP.

But, if you frequently stream Internet radio and video, I would recommend that you disable “HTTP-traffic scan” (Protection > Web Anti-Virus > Configure (left-click) > Connectivity > “Scan HTTP traffic” [uncheck this option])

If I am not mistaken, HIPS would be a component in Kaspersky Internet Security suite, not Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7, correct?

KIS 2009 have HIPS, KIS 7 dont have it, Check your CFP, all your internet traffic goes through KAV/KIS loopback interface if you do not uncheck HTTP, HTTPS etc. ports; it is unacceptable.
I really dont know why you running PD along with D+, those two have almost the same function, conflicts are unavoidable at some moment.