GUI list ordering malfunction[M184][V6][GUI]

CIS version:

OS version:
Windows 8 Pro x64

What you did:
I tried to alphabetically order the Trusted Files list (i.e. Company column).

What you actually saw:
The list is not correctly ordered (see attached screenshot).

What you expected to happen or see:
The list should be correctly ordered.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks you very much for your bug report

This does involve some underlying functionality so is not entirely suitable for a GUI format report. But that functionality is simple in this case (just list sorting) so I will forward this to GUI bugs

Best wishes

Mouse

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Still not fixed in 6.2 version.

Thank you for checking this.

I have updated the tracker.

The devs have flagged this as fixed. Thus, I will move this to Resolved.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Thank you.

The “Company” column in Trusted Files can’t even be sorted now (version 6.3): if I click on the column header, the sorting arrow doesn’t even appear (while it does appear for Unrecognized Files etc.).

As far as I can tell the new version now comes with a search functionality for the company. I believe this is meant to replace the need for sorting, thus why they have marked this as fixed.

Is this present in yours, and do you thus feel that this is now usable for your purposes?

Thanks.

The lack of sorting capabilities for the “Company” column is not a big issue, but the same column in the “Unrecognized Files” section can still be sorted, so there’s an inconsistency.

My assumption, although I have not had direct communication with Comodo about this, is that for the companies in the TVL there will always be a very large number of them. Thus, it’s most efficient for the user if there is a find capability added in. Thus, I assume that’s why they added that in.

However, for the Untrusted Files, this should be a relatively short list. Thus, even if the list is long, it should be helpful to be able to sort it as skimming it to find what you want is still somewhat efficient. However, for the TVL skimming to find what you want will almost always be less efficient than a find option.

I assume that this is what was intended by Comodo, although I can look into this more if you like.

Thanks.

In my opinion this explanation is unconvincing: searching is not “more efficient” than sorting, it’s just different. Maybe I just want to to look through the alphabetically sorted Company column instead of searching for a specific Company. I expect for identical columns to have identical options, but the Company column in the “Trusted Files” section lacks functionalities when compared to the same column in the “Unrecognized Files” section.

Moreover, the “Unrecognized Files” sorting is broken like the Trusted Files sorting before being removed (see attachment).

Could you please look into this? Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please create a new bug report for the issue with the sorting of the Unrecognized Files List. As this bug report was specific to the Trusted Files List I don’t want any confusion to slow down the devs from fixing it.

Thank you.