- What you did: I have opened “Firewall Events” window from CIS GUI (not Log Viewer). Then I launched exec which caused sandboxing popup.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: CIS GUI freezes (gone white) like it entered in infinite loop. No other OS functions were harmed.
- What you expected to happen or see: no freeze
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Fixed only by pressing reset button - process is protected from terminating in process explorer as well causes Windows shutdown procedure to hung.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?:
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link:
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
[b]- open CIS GUI
- open “Firewall Events” (this might also be true for “Active Connections”, “Antivirus Events”, “Defense+ Events”, however not tested)
- run a program which is unrecognized (sandbox popup)[/b]
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): I did not replicated this bug as I don’t like closing Windows with reset.
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.3.176757.1236 / 7552 / custom
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4:
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): yes, many
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= paranoid+custom, Sandbox= on, Firewall = custom (strict in/out rules), AV = stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: XP SP2 32b
- Other security and utility software installed: none
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): none