after starting the computer (also from hibernation) very often the GUI cannot be opened and Defense+ doesn’t react within the first about 4 minutes. This includes the right click on the tray icon.
If during this period Defense+ detects a not yet allowed request nothing happens: Defense+ doesn’t show up and the program waits - and waits - and waits. Whether the program gave up its request by itself or I closed the program, when Defense+ eventually “wakes up” minutes later, it shows the request - although the requesting program may have been closed minutes ago.
If during this period I try to open the GUI and/or right-click the icon tray, again nothing happens - until minutes later the GUI and/or the context menu of the tray icon show up.
- CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
- Windows XP Media Edtion SP3
- Actively-running security and utility applications: AVG Free 8.0, SBS&D TeaTimer
- Defense+ mode: Safe Mode, Image Execution Control Level: Normal - Firewall+ mode: Custom Policy Mode, Alert Frequency Level: Very High
- Using an Administrator account
Any idea what the cause may be?