guard.exe suspicious process [RESOLVED]

I have no idea where I got it or what it might be.

I can’t shut it off through the Task Manager, it’s not in Startup, it’s not in MSConfig, NOD32/ClamWin can’t find it, SpySweeper/Ad-Aware/Spywareterminator can’t find it.

What the heck is this and how do I kill it? :x

Can you add an image or a log of the processes that are running?

I just checked out a bit… I have a feeling that process belongs to Spyware Terminator, I only installed it yesterday. D:

I guess I was wrong, but not too far:

E:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

Ignore this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Bullhorn,

What do you mean you can’t shut it off from Task Manager? If it is there, it can be shut off, right?

Anyway, have you tried to identify the source from Services Utility? It can be accessed through Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services. If that does not help, let me know. You will need more muscles to do the job. ;D

yours truly,
DoomScythe

Sorry, I was in a rush, did not notice that you posted just before I did.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

No problems, you were just doing your duties. :wink:

Erm Bullhorn,

‘Duty’ seems like a word that have links to obligation. I am in no way related to Comodo officially, just so that you know. :slight_smile: I just a regular user like you, with too much time to spend. I just don’t want you to get the idea that I work for Comodo, though I hope to be be part of their team sometimes. :wink:

Anyway, I might have misinterpreted your statement, as it can always happen in the Internet. If I do, please, just ignore this post. ;D

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

I know you’re not working for them, but I wanted to say “you’re just doing your job” at first and figured it’s not right.

Duty sounds simpler. (:TNG)

Okay… :smiley:

Yours truly,
DoomScythe