GRC Common Ports Probe

Unsolicited Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system’s personal security countermeasures unwisely attempted to probe us in response to our probes. While some users believe that “tracking down” the source of Internet probes is useful, experience indicates that there is little to gain and potentially much to lose. The wisest course of action is to simulate nonexistence — which your system has failed to do. Your counter-probes immediately reveal your system’s presence and location on the Internet.

Should I be worried? I think Id prefer nonexistance…

Are you behind a router? Then GRC is probing your router. You would have look deeper into your router’s functional to see if it can be made totally stealth.

I am indeed behind a router. I switched to proactive defense under the configuration menu on the taskbar icon and that seems to be helpful. Still, I fire up my firefox browser and check my gmail and the next
thing I know Ive got 99 connections. After a while it settles down to 13 but then it goes up again pretty soon. Ive got alot of plugins and legit programs like PREY that run on my computer but I wonder about
these TCP and UDP outs to various IPs. some I recognize, some I dont, on ports 53 1900 139 443 49160 49162 and others. I ran Comodo as a safe machine so I wonder if alot of these apps that Commodo says are safe apps may be some critters that snuck in. There is a file in my temp directory tempwich.bat or something that is modified and I also saw reg.exe run and I worry that might be doing something tricky to my registry.
I have windows defender, malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy and ccleaner which I run all them time and these programs are not finding any virus. Nor am I doing much on the internet that could be too dangerous besides downloading files from Lulzsec.

If a safe file would have been changed CIS would have notified you about it.

There is a file in my temp directory tempwich.bat or something that is modified and I also saw reg.exe run and I worry that might be doing something tricky to my registry.
Can you post a screenshot of the logs showing this?

On a side note. Files in the temp folder can be disposed of as they more than likely did what they needed to do.

I have windows defender, malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy and ccleaner which I run all them time and these programs are not finding any virus. Nor am I doing much on the internet that could be too dangerous besides downloading files from Lulzsec.
You can consider adding Hitman Pro and Susper Antispyware for on demand scanning.

What is your on access AV solution?

I hate real-time on demand stuff cause I prefer the best performance for games and such. I already hate it that Windows Defender gives me a 1 sec pause when I try to open a file. comodo is supposed to be checking some executables right, all that stuff about this application is supposedly safe. Cause you were running it in training mode when it got there? You clicked OK once? Id just like to know why when I connect to the internet or open my browser there is such a flurry of activity and all those in and outs for those TCP and UDP ports.

Training Mode is not a default mode. It would have been your choice if you have enabled it. Training Mode will learn all rules for running programs, good or bad.

Only use if when you are very sure your system is not compromised and only run it for a short period of time.

Can you show us a screenshot(s) of the Firewall logs showing the traffic you are worried about?