got this firewall alert when i launch BitTorrent on vista 64

I got another question, as it’s windows operating system that i got to allow into this icmp rule, in fact wich process i have to put into the rule ? the bittorrent one ?
it asks for a process to add but i don’t know what to choose as the torrent client is closed, i need to choose something else i guess, I chosed all applications, is it the right choice ? as torrent is closed, if i chose it, it will not work…

If there is incoming traffic that CIS and/or the OS can’t recognize to a running application then it would be the “Windows Operating System”, you can add that by selecting “Running Process” it should be on the top.

ICMP 3/3’s are probably only send on incoming UDP traffic, normally your host would just send a TCP RST packet to a TCP connection on a closed port.

Maybe you cloud try to test with an other torrent client, maybe something goes wrong will unregistering on the trackers ?

unfortunatly, as your help was very appreciate and usefull cause i learnt things,
when i close torrent, it’s still hamering,
i’m going to try again with running process,
i put not only icmp3, i put all icmp that had link with reply no host no protocol, no port, etc
but it didnt work
now i’m going to set the rule like u tell and hope it will do something.
this torrent protocol is irritating me
i think i’m going to delete the nat each time i’ll finished dl a thing,
i DLed the last win7 to see, i wonder what people imagine they’ll get, it’s nothing more than a vista II.
for now i’m more interested for vista sp2 than win7 rtm, there’s not enough difference,
xp and vista were differents, but this time…i’m not sure, i hope they’re hiding some great new GUI not a clone of vista…
why upgrading to win 7 as vista sp2 is not even rtm.
they waited too long between xp and vista, and what’s making me mad is to see 32bits win7 again…
stooooooooooooooooop 32bits for ever, let’s go for one 64bit OS, xp 64 was a nightmare for a lot of people but i tell u,vista 64 is able to run all your 32bit apps,
i failed with HJsplit and SpeedFan, that’s nothing,
on xp 64, most of my apps didnt work, i never used an OS so fast, 30 min then format.
what i dont understand is the fact that 64 bits has no impact on speed,
the cpu should be able to work on 64bits, so calculate double data and send it all that huge suite to the ram as 32 is half…
it’s like i got 32horses and u 64, all the same, then we race and u cant go faster, there’s something wrong…
i read somewhere finally that win 7 x64 showed a very impressive result with winrar compare to xp 32 and vista 32, the difference was not like 5%, dont remember but, a lot faster wwith winrar,
then nothing more on others apps and bad point, very bad speed with HD, xp and vista killed it with hd speed, was some reading max speed if i remember…

If you have a hardware router you could disable the firewall rule in there for the incoming torrent traffic,
or indeed remove the nat, but that won’t stop the traffic, it just won’t show up on the logging.

Kerio Firewall had an option to “log packets to closed ports” i guess this would be useful in CIS also.

!ot!

Well i think W7 is VistaII but it has improved on the performance and used diskspace.
Vista is slow, W7 “feels” faster and “lighter”. I don’t think it will make the CPU faster but at least if feels much better, If i had to pay for it i would wait for W7 and not go from XP to Vista…