Google Chrome - Sandboxed Web Browser

I do not know if anyone else is having this issue, but Google Chrome will not work in both the virtual desktop or sandboxed web browser. All was okay in version 6.3. However, if it is an issue I have ‘no’ idea how to fill-out a bug report?

Before filling out a bug report first try reinstalling by following the advice I give here. Then, after reinstalling, do not change any settings or import an old configuration.

Let me know if that solves this problem.

Thanks.

Hi

Yeap tried doing a complete uninstall which went okay. Re-installed Comodo 7 and still same issue

In that case it’s probably best to fill out a bug report. Instructions on how to do that are here. Just open a new topic. Then copy and paste the code into it. Then replace the question marks with your responses.

If you have any questions about how to do it I can help. Feel free to ask.

Thanks.

It seems from the version 6.3 change-list (Chrome and Dragon v28 and later do not work in kiosk/sandbox) this was an error even then, why has it not been fixed?

I have removed Comodo and reinstalled Kaspersky, to see the bug report board it worries me as to why they released version 7 so quick

Hi tsgc84,
Some programs do not publicly document their bugs, but they do all have bugs.
Most of the bugs are only affecting the minority of users.
At least while you can see the documentation on the bugs, you know they are being looked at. :wink: