Goodbye

I do hope you reconsider brucine, you have been an excellent contributor (especially in the translation department) :-TU
What would the world be like if everyone`s views were the same?

Im not sure what went on so don`t wish to comment!

Good luck,
Matty

I’ll miss your grumpy and logical posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetings all,

Hi brucine,

That’s very sad that you made such decision, despite I do understand the cause.
The rseponce(s) you received were undeserved.
As many others I hope that you will reconsider in the future and we’ll see “another 1st message in this forum” posted by you :wink: All the best wishes to you! Cheers !

==============

I do agree with this statement.
And that is a shame(!), when another respectful member of this community is leaving

I was reading “that” thread and I can comment, but it seems that it doesn’t make sense to write a lot since the angry, undeserved reactions having no basis behind except intolerance of any criticism are a part of this forum lately. We can see more and more of them. That was discussed already few times.
On the contrary - empty-worded, “clapping” posts, which have no grounds whatsoever are always welcome. “how nice!”

Indeed! It does make Comodo look very bad. (I may rephrase)
… I am not confused regarding the intentions though.

That was another ugly episode (on behalf of Comodo).
As discussed before within the topic(s) related to the forum - that’s what has to be fixed.
Unfortunately, at the moment I am quite pessimistic about that

My regards

The issue here is that brucine did not break any forum rules and yet brucine’s posts were moved, not even into one topic but into multiple ones, which I presume was to “dissipate” discussions. Melih’s very hostile post against brucine and his “gang” preceded these actions, so I think it’s fair to say the actions weren’t due to forum policy. The thing I want explained is, how is this “open”?

Big revelation: I’m not being paid by any AV company to post this.

People leaving the forums is not good. could someone tell what happened?

Regards,
Valentin N

This is the post that was split of.

I see a violation of section 8 subsection 7

Post poisoning

• snip
  • Posts that are designed to deflect the topics original intent to the posters private agenda (thread hijacking).
  • snip
In these conditions, it appears as sad enough that Comodo seems to need African Republics methods in order to promote itself, actually going against the searched goal, when the software intrinsical qualities would probably be fairly judged by the still non-users if fanboyism, agressive behavior of concurrent editors and demagogic practices where not permanent: they make people feel that, if some editor needs these methods for its softwares, it is because these softwares are of such a bad quality, which is definitely not the case.
This is a downright derogatory comment to Comodo as well as prejudicial against African countries. That is against FP section 8 subsection 2:
Flaming. Comodo forum participants have different backgrounds and views. Flaming each other helps no one and is not tolerated by Comodo staff, moderators or ordinary forum members. Hostile or derogatory messages directed to any person Flaming. Comodo forum participants have different backgrounds and views. Flaming each other helps no one and is not tolerated by Comodo staff, moderators or ordinary forum members. Hostile or derogatory messages directed to any person
and Section 8 subsection
Offences based on age, sex, race, location, political affiliation, religion, cultural background or any other criteria. Opinions are welcome, but they may not escalate into flaming and rudeness against Comodo, its staff, other forum members or any other party. Comodo is truly global and so are its forum members. Cultures, opinions and traditions differ, and Comodo forums are a place for cooperation, not clashes. We do not allow hate speech. In the same vein, we do not permit the usage of explicit language on these forums

Hi Eric,

We have to stay out of political & religious , etc. agendas here that may hurt people’s feelings since we are having multicultural society here, but the way you are presenting it anything can be perverted … as simple as that

There are many commonly used expressions as: “Nigerian scam”, “Spanish Prisoner”, “Russian/Ukrainian fraud/scam”, and so on an so forth

Can those and/or others alike be used or …??? would you label and “prosecute” any person, who is using such expressions or only those who are somehow criticizing things that are going on here in Comodo forum … (actually having only positive intentions as a matter of fact)

Not good enough for my taste
… I know you don’t like my taste , but anyway - objectivity should prevail (my bad taste again)

otherwise we’ll have more angry responses, which are not appropriate and rather used during some scandals and brawls that may occur in public places a bazaar or caravansary

Was it against the policy mentioning “karəˈvansərʌɪ” , since the word derives from Persian/ Turkish?
or
it is against the policy because it is in the context of criticizing you actions as a moderator?
or
it is against the policy because I do not agree with certain reactions by the CEO of Comodo?

Regards

Indeed he did break several forum rules , This is an example :

[b]Post poisoning
* Posts that are designed to deflect the topics original intent to the posters private agenda (thread hijacking).[/b]</blockquote>

And this is another example from brucin’s post :

And the forum policy is :

Comodo is truly global and so are its forum members. Cultures, opinions and traditions differ, and Comodo forums are a place for cooperation, not clashes. We do not allow hate speech.In the same vein, we do not permit the usage of explicit language on these forums

By the way , I’m from an African Country and I can clearly see that Brucin’s post was full of insult and intolerance , so It should be removed ! , not only moved! to a new thread.

Last but not least I would like to mention that the “openness of the forums” doesn’t mean to let somebody ruins someone Else’s topic! by deflecting the topics original intent to the posters private agenda.

Melih offered us a very useful free software and we all benefit form using it for free!.

So when he asks for our help, he deserves our support , not mocking!.

Some people just misunderstand the “openness!” , and I’m pretty sure that the “openness” is not inconsistent with respecting wishes of others and their topics.

Regards.

Sure, and unfortunately you are one of them :-TD

My regards

Really ? , Can you explain? and provide evidence?

Thanks and Regards

To all please be careful were this topic is going I have no wish or desire to lock it.

Please use Report to Moderator if at any time you feel that a post requires action or upsets you in any way.

The Moderators will do their best to resolve your concerns.

Thank you

Dennis

Currently the only “evidence” is you recent post

That is my opinion, since as far as I think you didn’t get anything neither from the initial post by brucine nor from other posts supporting him including some points I’ve made in my last message.
There are commonly used expressions that kinda became proverbs.
Nothing we can do about it, but no insults intended whatsoever towards you (“I’m from an African Country”) or towards me (I’m from former Soviet Union and living in Australia)

Definitely, you have all rights to think differently, but that what I called “unfortunate”.

Then, what is completely irrelevant here is

Who was talking about that and diminishing that?

You want another (:CLP) ? Fine !
But that has nothing to do with this particular discussion

That’s how I see it

My regards

The topic was “Please Nominate Comodo”, not “Say Nice Things About Comodo”. brucine’s comments fell under that topic according to many users’ interpretations. Melih and some other moderators did not even warn brucine about getting off-topic before moving the posts.

And this is another example from brucin's post :
In these conditions, it appears as sad enough that Comodo seems to need African Republics methods in order to promote itself

I think the sensible interpretation of “African Republics methods” does not involve any offense to African people, just as the term “Nigerian scam” should not offend anyone. It’s an accepted expression.

Last but not least I would like to mention that the "openness of the forums" doesn't mean to let somebody ruins someone Else's topic! by deflecting the topics original intent to the posters private agenda.

The original intent was obviously not clear to many users.

Melih offered us a very useful free software and we all benefit form using it for free!.

Software being free does not mean the people involved are immune from criticism.

So when he asks for our help, he deserves our support , not mocking!.

brucine was being supportive, offering suggestions to improve Comodo’s image. brucine was concerned about the tactics (neutral word) Comodo uses, and wasn’t mocking any organisation or person.

[at]EricJH: Let’s stay away from the F-word (flame) and the T-word (troll). Treating the words like they’re objective is one very common mistake.

Unfortunately ,SiberLynx , you didn’t get my point although it’s pretty clear.

When somebody offers u a free software , and then asks for a tiny nomination form u , it’s rude and impolite to poison his thread and mock at him! for asking for your support! , that’s why I see my previous statement was “completely relevant here”.

Of course , (you have all rights to think differently, but that what I called “unfortunate”.)

I’ll tell you my perspective. I don’t feel comfortable telling users of my software to go voting in polls and starting topics in various forums with the intention of promoting my software. I think that this is primarily the responsibility of the software developer, not the users, although it’s a good thing that users spread the word independently. It’s an issue of honesty - any promotional and advertising work done by the developer should be attributed to that developer. I’m sure many people feel the same way, and I’m guessing brucine is one of those people.

Fully agree. :-TU
Let the software speak for you not vice versa. :wink:

It’s always said to lose an old forum guy and it’s always sad to lose a translator.

Really ? , maybe this was brucin’s intent, but his post wasn’t supportive at all in my point of view.

You don’t feel comfortable telling users of your software to nominate your program , and you are okay asking them for donations? , I’m sorry but for me that is kinda weird.

Anyway , What would the world be like if everyone`s views were the same?

My regards

Off-topic: I don’t see how that’s related. Am I being dishonest by accepting donations? Am I misrepresenting where the money goes (it goes to me)? Advertising and selling (or in this case, donating) are different things.

Anyway , What would the world be like if everyone`s views were the same?

Off-topic: I hate relativism…

Thank you Salaficall! I sincerely appreciate your understanding! Like you said an open forum is not a license to disrespect or insult others, just like free society doesn’t mean you can rob or kill others!

thank you!

Melih