Goodbye Comodo

Comodo, good job on the antivirus, antispyware, firewall what not. This product is really great, the few things that are bothering me about the product is the data you collect, how you sell SSL certs to Malware sites, etc. The personal data you gather, I don’t know what you’re gathering, and granted when I installed the software it states that if I accept I grant comodo to obtain data on usage, etc. which may contain peronally identifiable information. I don’t agree with this and have uninstalled comodo. I’ve been going over information regarding this, and I don’t want to take a risk/chance with any data getting into the wrong hands. I will be switching from you to a different AV even if it means lower detection rates. I’d rather be safe with them, then be worried about my security with this product. Thank goodness for the users on ssupdater

Cya
Edit: P.S
If what you said was remotely true, Don’t you think there would be much much less people using comodo - legal issues as well?

You’re loss :stuck_out_tongue:

slooksterpsv?

wtf o_O ,that is ridiculous

We agree to the data collection thing in nearly every software or service we sign up to or install. I am a bit doubtful of who Comodo gives SSL certificates to (I may have read too much of the Comodo propaganda I stumbled upon while looking to download the CIS version that introduced HopSurf) but I (and many other Comodo users) still gladly and confidently choose Comodo over nearly any other security vendor.

Comodo care about malware Certs.

http://www.ccssforum.org/malware-certificates.php

Other Companies dont even care, take a look at the link above.

Thanks for that OmeletGuy.

This clearly show how seriously Comodo deals with this issue!

Melih

CIS don’t collect more info than any other suites.

Read this: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/huh_this_is_new_resolved-t44779.0.html CIS does collect info to messure how many are installing CIS… so does many others… Some collect OS information… 88) 88)

If you are a common reader at wilders then this might have crossed you?

That thread was even to much for them… There is nothing special being collected by CIS, its only an attempt to stop CIS success… The only thing you might want to turn of is COMODO DNS… (but its disabled by default)

EDIT: I avoid jumping in to another cert debate… =) But lets just say Comodo does it best to prevent any malware people to get hold of an certificate and will remove any current certificates to a site if reported as “bad”.
=O

I’d say something else: with them you should be worried about unsafe security. :smiley:
Anyway I see that paranoia is flourishing when it’s came to Comodo. I’d say be smart, play safe, choose Comodo. It’s hard to beat a free top 3 security product which is continuous improved.

Almost every piece of software you install gathers some information. Game programs gather info about your machine’s configuration which helps them know how to set up their rendering engines and other things, including hacks and cheats that players might try to use. Most security software gathers info about usage, web habits, and unsafe sites visited to help them flag malware distribution among other things. Reputation based detection, which many vendors use, depends on this. In the process of gathering this info, some personally identifiable things might be included. Singling out Comodo for gathering info used to help improve the product is ludicrous. You won’t find anything safer and as had been said, leaving Comodo for the reasons stated is your loss. Unless you are actually someone who never used it and just posted to stir up doubts among the people who do. Is that being a bit paranoid on my part? Maybe it is, but I see it as a possibility here.

FYI - please don’t ever search using Google. 88)

Or use the internet, period! :wink:

Goodbye slooksterpsv, because you should never visit a forum site. They use cookies and may collect information… I hope you are not using Windows, because Microsoft is gathering information etc. etc.

As per Comodo selling SSL to malware sites. It is factual that some SSL have been sold to malware sites, but Comodo is quick in revoking these SSL as soon as it is discovered. All other SSL providers also have, so never use a HTTPS site either.

I would kindly suggest to check out this information page with a list of known malware using certificates. Then see how often Comodo shows up on that list.

Want to buy a tin hat, ive got a lovely one for sale. Just send me a cheque for $1 Million and it`s yours :a0

Whatever data Comodo may have about you/your computer is nothing compared to…

Melih,

You really have to improved your CIS software and to the people out there in the internet world to allow them to trust your software again why! I ask because people out there in the internet world are taking this very seriously and it happening in Avast forum website too, please keep in mind Melih I made my choice to install Avast Anti-virus software however I am still using the Comodo Firewall along with +D with maximum security protection level :wink:

Melih I cannot stop this complaining at the Avast forum because I cannot get involed this is spreading like a major global Donna ■■■■ virus seriously Melih I’m not joking, because all the information from Donna ■■■■, MSMVPs and Calendar of updates website and Melih this problem is also spreading else where in different blog website and other security forum website to help more people out there to stop using Comodo Security product.

Melih please get off your backside from that fat hairy A$$ chair and do something about this major problem and if these people out there in the internet world are taking this very seriously against Comodo product, then I am going to pull the bloody plug as well I may quick Comodo Security product seriously.

The people out there wanted to see hardcore bullet proof that Comodo is taking this very seriously solving the problem and the product may or may not be 100% safe, you have already achieve 55% of your GOAL in Comodo Security product to allow the user, customers and clients to used your product and if this problem keep spreading like a major global Donna ■■■■ virus seriously I’m pulling the bloody plug.

Thank you for your time Melih no hard feelings :-TU :wink:

If you’re worried about data collection, stay off the internet. (Especially avoid anything Google) Never register any software. Never use a credit card. Never mail anything. Never go to the hospital/doctor. Never use the phone. Never use a store “values” card. Don’t get a drivers license or a library card. I could go on…

Seriously man. 88)

When you reincarnate, be born in a cave and stay for the rest of your life. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe then no one would know about you…

Kidding. ;D ;D

Compared to what come on you were getting to it why not completing the sentence.

Does tin hat actually work? :smiley:
For equal darkness there’s greater opposite light. No worry :wink:
The watchmen are being watched and they don’t even know that :smiley: Is there anything under the sky that’s really hidden? If you said yes then you don’t believe in God nor the devil lol. The only thing that’s hidden is nothing. They are only temporarily not known YET to most people.

Wait until someday a complete stranger talk about the details of your life your thoughts, your weaknesses, your feelings, dreams: past, present and into the future. That’s really an eye opener. Or wait until we are all judged whichever come sooner…HOLY SHI* I thought I was alone :o

Dude,

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Halve the dosage!!!

Have you ever read any EULA other than Comodo’s? Seriously??

Do you play WoW?

WHEN RUNNING, THE GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 2. IN THE EVENT THAT THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, THE GAME MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.

Are you running Windows XP?

Consent to Use of Data. You agree that MS and Microsoft Corporation [b]and their affiliates [/b] may collect and use technical information [b]gathered in any manner [/b] as part of the product support services provided to you, if any, related to the SOFTWARE. MS, Microsoft Corporation and their affiliates may use this information solely to improve their products or to provide customized services or technologies to you. MS, Microsoft Corporation and their affiliates may disclose this information to others, but not in a form that personally identifies you.

These are just the first two I picked.

Seriously Speedy, there are bigger issues out there. Comodo’s EULA is no better and no worse than most others.

If it was a problem, Comodo would do something about it.

Ewen :slight_smile:

[at]SpeedyPC:

If you don’t like or want CIS, you always have the option to uninstall.