Good article..

The “Time Machine” will be in Comodo DiskShield which is a new product and been in beta for quite a few months (Not a bad thing by the way, totally new products you can expect this, atleast I would :)).

Josh

Nice! Let’s hope the best!

V7chy

that article is one of the reasons I told you to make a system performance/maintenance suite, Melih.

I am glad you listened to me, as I am enjoying every single word of you when listening to you… (:WIN)…

thanks.

I thought that I suggested it a few months ago…

If it’s a Time Machine, wouldn’t it be out already before you developed it? :stuck_out_tongue:

(:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH)

You could say it’s here already but you cannot see it ;D

actually it is already ready!!!

we are just doing some last minute touch ups!

Melih

(:AGL)

Stand alone or together with DiskShield?

LA

its the evolution of diskshield… diskshield is not Comodo Time Machine…its much more powerful than the early versions of diskshield… so we changed the name to Comodo Time Machine…

Melih

Sounds great! I assume there are no Trademark/Copyright problems with Apple? I’ve heard their lawyers work 24/7. :-[

LA

I should not think there will be as the phrase Time Machine is too generic to trademark…
We own the TM on Comodo and the phrase Time Machine is too generic hence calling it Comodo Time Machine is good enough

Melih

I’ll wait eagerly to try it out. So that’s the reason why never a new beta or even RC of DiskShield came out. You guys had something else in the owen.

If it will kill the need for reformatting, then it sure will be a great achievement.

Thanks DB… as long as you install it on a clean machine you are happy with then it will always be able to take you back to that state…or any other state between that clean state and your current state!! The intervals will depend on you (daily, weekly, monthly)…

With this technology the need to rely on AV for cleaning will be reduced… cos simply press a button and go back to pre virus time! (without losing your data… might lose some apps you also installed along with virus… but having regular snapshots like daily etc will reduce that drastically).

Melih

Yes, indeed.

Hi Melih, I love evolution, it’s innate to mankind, anxious to see this masterpiece!
Regards and cheers as always :■■■■
Keep it strong :wink:
Xman (:KWL)

Can’t wait for it. But it is hard to understand how these “snapshots” won’t take up much disk space… :THNK Will it be a bit like System Restore?

don’t want to get too deep into technical detail…
lets wait for the real deal…

Melih

Ok, I’ll wait (seems like forever though). I just hope how it works will be explained once released! (I…er…would love to test it ;))

Please make an extra effort at bringing out a stable version. For me, this is a very critical piece of software and needs to function correctly under all conditions. I received zero feedback after describing a few problems in the DS forum. I stopped testing because of that - possibly the same for others which would explain the low frequency of posts there. I really would like to see this application succeed. If it lives up to all of your praises, I will be a very happy camper.

Al