GOA Pangya (Eu) is Crashed to Desktop by CFP 3.14.130099.587 X32

Ok I already tried to locate the problem in their forums http://forums.goa.com/showthread.php?p=404683#post404683 but I only got as far as to know it could be the Firewall.

Since this is the best Freeware Firewall I’m not gonna kick it for 1 game but hope for a fix.

I added nearly all files My Own Safe Files and Trusted Applications and to the Network / Security Policy

But it didn’t help. The game can update normal, when it starts the splash logo of the game comes up, GameGuard shows up for a sec to check its up2date status, then a few secs of loading and then the threads of both applications are gone from the taskmanager.

PC Specs:

Acer TravelMate 5270
Soundcard is a generic RealTek AC97 I think.
ATi Radeon HD 2600 512 MB
Windows XP Prof SP3 32bit
3GB DDR2 Ram

If I forgot something please point me to that.

I also got a CIS Report file but when I tried to post it in a code block I hit the character limit.

Mhm, didn’t think it would take so long to get a reaction to this. Can’t anyone here talk to me?

bump ???

Maybe everyone is stumped lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you tried starting the game or whatever with Defense+ enabled?

I think Game Guard is in the way. You may want to read:

Wow…I need to remember to not get any games with GameGuard. :stuck_out_tongue:

I assume pirated games usually don’t have it?

mod edit: Another PM request Jeremy? So soon? kail (Forum Policy)

Poster edit: Why do you have to put that in the bottom of my post along with sending me a PM? ??? ~LW

Game Guard could maybe be a reason, but I think I have other online games too that use it and work but I’ll investigate that.

Edit: OK, I don’t have any other Game Guard f2p games installed at the moment so I’m gonna download one now, I really wanna know if its this or Game Guard.

Edit 2: I just installed Fly For Fun which uses Game Guard too but this one was playable so I’m unsure if Game Guard is the problems cause >_<

Well, new problem here.

In the hopes the game would work with v4 of the Firewall Defense software I tried to update and let the installer deinstall my older v3.
But when it started installing v4 the installer keept crashing so I ended up without a firewall.
I now had to rollback to an old v3 to have atleast a firewall again.

I had two installers of v4, a 4.0.x which was a bit older and the latest one 4.1.x and both failed to install at the same point.

Wonder if I’m the only one with these problems, gonna try it again in a few months maybe.

Edit: now that I have the latest v3 installed it is possible to play Pangya, but now it crashes the firewall…

I have to restart the firewall atleast one time after starting the game.