Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

Hello i am looking for help with a continuing problem on my system. every day i get a “has encountered a problem and needs to close” box when i look at my system in the morning. Error reports that : szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : w32time.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.2180 offset : 0001a371 In the error reporting window.

This all causes my netowrk to stop responding and the sounds in windows to not work. sound works in full screen games and when windows shuts down?

I know this isn’t much to work with but let me know if you need to know anything else

Thanks a lot’

Ctfelmlee

Sounds like something’s wrong with either svchost.exe or w32time.dll (Windows Time Server).
If you open start menu, open Run and write services.msc, then find Windows Time, right-click it and set it Disabled, reboot and see if it solves the problem.
Else, can you remember about when it happened the first time? Downloaded something recently? Did some configuration to Windows?
Also, what softwares do you run on startup (like security softwares).

Cheers,
Ragwing

Hey just to let you know i did disable the win timer and so far have had no further issues with network or sound crashing. Will Keep you informed if anything changes

Thanks ALOT (:CLP)

That’s great to hear!
I’ll keep this thread open a few day in case you’ll get further problems.

Cheers,
Ragwing