Geekbuddy Freezing Computer [I10]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

When i install geekbuddy whith cis geekbuddy comunication process and another geekbuddy process consums 100% CPU

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    I can reproduce the problem every time i install geekbuddy cpu goes high now 80% before 100%
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    1:If i start a GeekBuddy session the computer slows too much and eventually crashes
    2:If i don’t start GeekBuddy session, but GeekBuddy process is running, the consumption of CPU of buddy related process consumes great amount of CPU 60% to 80%
    3:Uninstall GeekBuddy every thing works well
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    Computer should not freeze
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    No, i dont have incompatible software only hitman pro hitman alert and malwarebites free all on demand nothing resident
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    NA
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    I dont know what mean guess but uninstalling buddy or close all buddy process all works well
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
Before 6.3 now latest version 7.0.313494.4115 configuration proactive security

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    All modules enabled default levels
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    No, only analyze ram memory on start up
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:
    Fresh install
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    I tried several times incluse use removal tool for comodo pproducts
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    I tried, but it did not make a difference
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 8.1 UAC enabled by default setting 64 bits 4GB ram 1GHZ Dual core (2GHZ)
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS:
    a=Hitman pro, hitman alert and malwarebytes b=?
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is not the correct part of the forum to report issues with Comodo Dragon. This section is specifically for CIS.

However, I can examine the issue you are having with GeekBuddy here. Please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. Just copy and paste the code. Then replace the questions marks with your responses. It’s not as scary as it seems, but if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

My english are no good but try to bring more details

A. THE BUG/ISSUE No mensaje error only geekbuddy procces 100% CPU
I can reproduce problema every time i installl GB
?
I install geekbuddy and cpu goes high and the process never stops

I expect geek buddy dont usse too many resources in period of inactivity i dont chat whith t hey or stablish conection and the geekbuddy proces goes cpu high
?
No incompatible software only comodo and hitmat pro unregistred for ocacional scans but incluse whith comodo stand alone the problema persist
?

As I say you no other software the error persist include stand alone cis install
I try to uninstall geekbuddy and CPU goes to 10 or 20 % or minor percentaje
?

B. YOUR SETUP[ I dont understand set up decimal i use lastest versión of comodo 6.3 but it happens from versión 6
CIS 6.3 Configuration dont care defaut seetings or proactive seetings
?
[/li]- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: All the modules are active
?

• Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): Not
    ?
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: Is fresh install
    ?
    [list type=lower-alpha][li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: Clean install
    ?
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: Not
    ?
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: Yes default seetings
    ?
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Windows 8 X64 UAC activated
    ?
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: Only hitan pro but whitout hitman the error persist
    a=? b=?

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES
[ol]No atach i uninstall geekbuddy because freezes machine

• Always attach - Diagnostics file[nobbc], Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
  • After you have attached the required files to your post please delete this section (section c) from your report.[/ol]

Do not understand last point

I have edited your first post and the topic title. I added the correct format in your first post. Please go to your first post, select modify, and replace each question mark with your responses.

Once that is done I can also help you with creating the diagnostics report, but for the moment please concentrate on answering the prompts.

Thank you.

Please replace the question marks now in your first post with your responses. Without it in that form (just with the question marks replaced with answers) it is very difficult for me to diagnose this issue. It also makes it impossible for me to forward this to the devs as they will have the same problem.

Let me know when you have edited it.

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

For the time being I will move this to the Non-Format Verified board.

Topics in this board are rarely looked at by the devs, and even if they are it is unlikely the devs can fix the bugs reported. The reason is providing all of the requested information, along with the required files, ensures that the devs have enough information to understand and identify the bug. Thus, without this it becomes very difficult to replicate a bug such as yours.

Once you are able to supply the requested information I can move this back to the main bug reporting board for processing.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Dear chirion sorry but the html code in the cuestions confuses me to answer and i see the error persist in new version but the consum of cpu is not to dramatic it is 80% and i see during updates sometimes comodo freezes ok i will answer the cuestions as I can in the original mensaje thank you and sorry for the deelay but i am making a thesis for my cousin and are very bussy in these days

You did a great job filling it in. I made some small changes so it would be more compact, but I must say it was well done. I will move this back to the main bug reporting board for continued processing.

I’m trying to fully understand this issue. Is it essentially that every time you open GeekBuddy the CPU spikes to about 80% and the computer almost entirely freezes (or does it entirely freeze)? Is that the core of this issue?

Also, did you have any other security programs not listed in your first post which used to be installed, but are now removed?

Thanks.

Hi dear chirion (bro) its an important issue because i am a paid suscriptor or was a paid suscriptor and i renounce to my pro version for perfomance cuestions and buddyes never solve it and now look now i only have l and hitman pro (uninstall allert) and perfomance increses significativaly and i must to say you the issue are whith geek buddy install active or inactive if i start session the computer slows too much and eventualy crashes if i dont start session the consum of cpu of buddy related process consumes great amount of cpu 60 80 and when start a chat session 80 constantly in version 7 or 100 in newest version its too strange for me and never report and issue i hope to help como as comodo helps me

Okay, I’ve updated the steps for reproduction. Look them over and let me know if this is now summarized correctly.

Also, please attach a diagnostics report to your first post. This can be created by opening the main CIS GUI. Then left-click on the question mark icon near the upper right corner. Then select Support and then Diagnostics. This will run the diagnostics, and when it’s done offer to save the diagnostics report. Save this report and then attach it to your first post.

Also, when GeekBuddy is running, but not freezing the computer, is it possible to open KillSwitch. If so then there is another important piece of information we can provide. Let me know if it’s possible to open KillSwitch.

Thanks.

Please attach the diagnostics report.

Also, is it possible to open KillSwitch when Geekbuddy is freezing? If so we can use it to create a Full Dump, which should contain information which is very important for the devs.

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

I will now move this to the Non-Format Verified board.

Topics in this board are not looked at by the devs. The reason is providing all of the requested information, along with the required files, ensures that the devs have enough information to understand and identify the bug. Thus, without this it becomes very difficult to replicate a bug such as yours.

Once you are able to supply the requested information I can move this back to the main bug reporting board for processing.

Thank you.

Hi and sorry i dont understand your last mensaje but i send you the diagnostic tool atached report, and sorry for the deelay but i am in a recepcional work to university and protocol to posgrade and are too bussy. I must say you chirion i want to help comodo as they and you help to me, because i make that report and must say you i uninstall geekbuddy permanently when i see slow down or freeze but i reinstall and test only for help and thank you to follow this topic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I will move this back to the main bug reporting section for processing.

However, before I forward this to the devs there is one more piece of information which is needed. Please open the main CIS GUI. Then flip the screen to the Tasks side. Then go to the Advanced Tasks section and click on Watch Activity. This will open KillSwitch. After it is open go to the KillSwitch menu and select “Save Current View”. This will create a file. Put this file in a zip file and attach it to your next reply.

Also, after that please try to replicate the freeze while KillSwitch is still running. Then, when the computer is running very slow, right-click on any of the running processes and select Create Dump and then Create Full Dump. This will create a large file, which you can upload to a file sharing site (such as this one) and paste the download link in your reply.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions. This is the last information I will need in order to forward this to the devs.

Thank you.

PM reminder sent.

As the process list was not attached (which is necessary for forwarding this to the devs) I will now move this to the Incomplete Issue Reports board.

Topics in this board are not looked at by the devs. The reason is providing all of the requested information, along with the required files, ensures that the devs have enough information to understand and identify the bug. Thus, without this it becomes very difficult to replicate a bug such as yours.

Once you are able to supply the process list, and if possible the full dump, I can move this back to the main bug reporting board for processing.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.