Gameguard + Comodo = Computer reboot

LOL, I get your point! :BNC

Perhaps CFP is not actually causing the reboots…

No, if u had read through this whole thread from the beginning, this problem had occured since the last update “Version 3.0.22.349 : 18th April, 2008” and has persisted through the current one too, although there is no blue screen before it reboots, for the current version.

Hmm… https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t22022.0.html I know.

Yes, I had read through that thread already, even before the current version was issued and I created a userID to post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure what you mean by userID?

Anyway, I don’t have a clue why it actually crashed… I was merely speculating… out loud. What if it isn’t CPF causing the crash… maybe it never did cause the crash. See? I did it again… twice. :slight_smile:

By userID, I meant this forum ID that I created to post in the forum here! lol

As for the crash, it has already been established (either in this thread or in that thread that u linked to) that it’s because of the previous version that started the D+ protection against rootkits, which Gameguard is. Gameguard tries to shut down Comodo, while Comodo tries to prevent itself from getting shut down.

Anyway, the solution is to disable D+, but I do not like to have to keep rebooting to set it on and off.

Your user Name! I see. OK… I find remembering my login is the easiest method. :wink:

As far as I know, it has not been definitively established that CFP ever caused the actual reboot. Warning: Gross Speculation To Follow… Might have been the last desperate act of an Anti-Cheat application about to be killed for all I know. ;D

I still have the problem, my test computer just reboots when I try to open any game with Gameguard. I did a clean install, I even cleaned the registry before the fresh install. I even put Defense+ in training mode.
EDIT: Gameguard rebooting the computer is a known issue when it finds some app it doesn’t like.
EDIT2: Problem is gone, thanks, Comodo team! (:CLP)
EDIT3: Problem’s not gone, I didn’t see Defense+ was deactivated on my test computer. :-TD

I would like to update, and report that the reboots have not occurred already after GameGuard was updated by the various games.

Same problem here ,any games with Game Guard as protection reboot the entire PC when i fire them up. Alot of Gpotato games use this anti-hack software as well as many p2p MMO’s, you’d think someone would work this out but at lease the disabling of D+ seems to work for most of you. Time to give it a shot on Lineage 2 ! O0