Game LAN problem/question

I’ve been using EasyVPN to LAN with people from other houses, but when I try to have both my brother and me from the same house join we can’t connect to the game simultaneously. We can see each other in the cevpn window but only one of use gets the ‘direct’ or ‘rely’ status for other people, as in mine displays the status, but his only lists the names.

Is it not possible to have a virtual LAN with others while including another contact from the same network?

I have comodo firewall, not windows.

Running Windows 7 x64 with a Linksys WRT54G2 router.

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

Have you tried to first let your bro go in first and then you? have you also looked at the user-guide?

Regards,
Valentin N

I tried reading through it a little bit, but I wasn’t sure what I was really looking for so I opted to just ask.

UPDATE: I read through the user guide and it makes no mention of this sort of situation. :frowning:

I have tried it both ways, and it seems whoever signs in first gets the direct connection and the second can join but isn’t directly or relay connected. I’ll try to read through the guide and see if I can find anything.

I will read the guide and help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I did read through it, but it only touched on setup mostly. I didn’t see any specifications about creating a vpn with more than one user going through the router. My background in networking tells me that it should be possible, but I don’t know.

My IP address is static, but i think his is dynamic, which shouldn’t really make much difference since we both get the same IP after it travels through the router right?

Anyways, I appreciate any help.

Really!? NOBODY else has ran into this problem or even tried!?

I haven’t found on the online help so I will check on the offline guide.

I’ve read through both, but like I said, I appreciate that at least you are attempting to find some info.

So should I just email Comodo directly since nobody seems to have any input in this matter?

you could try with Geekbuddy. 60-day free use

Hi:
First you need create one network in EasyVPN, then let your mate join the network.
By this you guys are in same Virtual-LAN, and could see each others IP address from ‘NetWorks’ tab.