FW update message

Hello, I have recently moved from Windows XP to Windows 7 and I am quiet disappointed with Comodo FW.

At first, I get very annoying message about update 3-4times per day. I haven’t found anything in settings. I just want automatic updates without any messages like this:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/448/comodomessage.png

And I also don’t like the new look of Firewall. On Windows XP I could seen programs, which were currently using internet and could accsess FW Logs just by one click. And now I can see that I am Secure (As I expect something else from FW ;D ;D ). Where can I find list of programms currently accessing internet? I have not find anything like that. It looks nice, but FW is not piece of software you are looking at whole day. Developers should reconsider this srategy, making beutiful look sacrificing usability.

Last question? Are there any conflicts with Avast AV? It was almost absolutely OK on Windows XP.

Michal

Not possible I think other than disabling the automatic update and manually checking yourself.

And I also don't like the new look of Firewall. On Windows XP I could seen programs, which were currently using internet and could accsess FW Logs just by one click. And now I can see that I am Secure (As I expect something else from FW ;D ;D ). Where can I find list of programms currently accessing internet? I have not find anything like that. It looks nice, but FW is not piece of software you are looking at whole day. Developers should reconsider this srategy, making beutiful look sacrificing usability.
You need to open [url=http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4747-monitor-and-manage-unsafe-processes-in-your-computer.html]Killswitch[/url] to see. Then make a shortcut to Killswitch in the main screen following [url=https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/getting-buttons-in-cis-main-screen-for-often-used-advanced-settings-menus-t89421.0.html]Getting buttons in CIS main screen for often used (advanced) settings menus[/url]. The button will also appear in the widget in case you have that enabled.
Last question? Are there any conflicts with Avast AV? It was almost absolutely OK on Windows XP.

Michal

I am not quite sure; I am not an Avast user. There was a problem before where using the Webshield in Avast rendered the Firewall useless (you had to disable Avast Webshield).

It still does, Vista and above, if you’re trying to control HTTP connectivity.

Lol, are we returning in time? People are using computers for watching movies, gaming etc. and developers gave us big message in the middle of the desktop for 15 seconds. I guess game mode should “fix” it (I haven’t tried it yet), but it would be still annoying and I think this is step back - it is simply not what “automatic” means. At least it should be smaller and definitely not in the middle.

You need to open Killswitch to see. Then make a shortcut to Killswitch in the main screen following Getting buttons in CIS main screen for often used (advanced) settings menus. The button will also appear in the widget in case you have that enabled.
Thanks, this works, I got it in the main menu and since comodo FW is for free, one more click doesn't kill me. :) ;)

Ok, I will have to check it out.

Thanks for the answers and your time.
Michal

I know for a fact that with Avast and win8 x64 Internet explorer will not run in the sandbox or in the virtual kiosk.I filed a bug report. Comodo has said they can reproduce it and are working on it. I would expect the same behavior with win 7/vista. I would suggest uninstalling the avast behavior shield and disabling avast 7 sandbox if running Avast! with CIS 6.As far as the web shield/http bug with avast. They have found the problem i have heard from the developers and are fixing it.from what egemen has said in the past though.is the web shield can only be fixed in windows 8 due to limitations in windows 7. we will see when then next release comes out it if it is truly only a win 8 fix.