"FULL SCAN" taking forever due to scanning same folders twice

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Yes, 100%.

If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1: Place a file that you know will be found as ‘malicious’ on your Desktop or anywhere in the “*:/Users/” folder.
2: Run a “FULL SCAN” on your PC.

One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
When running the “full scan”, you’ll see the same exact file scanned twice, and triggered twice.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
The file to only be found once, not twice, and the scan not taking forever due to the same exact folders being scanned twice.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
n/a

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
No.

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
Seems that Comodo is scanning a ‘symbolic’ (junction) folder when it really shouldn’t be, as it will be scanning it later as a ‘proper’ folder.

Windows has a ‘hidden’ folder of “Documents and Settings” (from XP) which is a symbolic link (see attachments) to the new ‘Users’ folder that is in Windows 7.
NOTE: You can only see the “Documents and Settings” folder IF you have un-clicked the “Hide protected operating system files” option.

It seems you can prevent the double scanning of everything in the ‘Users’ folder by adding the following line to the “Scan Exclusions” section:

?:\Documents and Settings\*

I’ve just done this, and this problem does indeed go away. This might be a good addition to the ‘default’ list for the “Scan Exclusions” section.

Now this wouldn’t normally be an issue, but if there’s a lot of files in the “Users” area (like if you have several accounts on the PC), this could sometimes add well over an extra 1 or 2 to the scan which just isn’t needed. You’ll hit the files in the “users” area if you block the scanning of the “Documents and Settings” area.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
12.0.0.6818; Internet Security

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
AV: Stateful
Firewall: Custom
Auto containment: Enabled
HIPS: Safe mode
Virusscope: Disabled
Website filtering: Disabled

Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
Not that I can recall besides the ‘normal’ of allowing apps access to the net or blocking them.

Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
Yes, from 11.
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
Don’t think this fix this issue.

Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
n/a

OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 7 SP1, 64bit, UAC on, admin account, not a VM.

Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a= Malwarebytes

I haven’t been able to replicate the issue, I see the scan path only the Users directory. Can you try a clean install of Comodo Internet Security v12.0.0.6870 and see if it still happens?

I will try once an offline installer is released. My internet can be flaky sometimes, and I’d prefer to be able to download it via a Download manger in case my Internet would go down so I can restart where the download left of properly.

Please check issue with 12.0.0.6882 thanks.

I’ll try sometime this weekend when I have the free time to be able to do a clean install.

Please check with v12.1.0.6914 RC to see if you still have the issue.