Freeze on install if network cable unplugged

I don’t want programs on my PC to call home without my approval. I have a new PC, so I don’t know what’s happening until CIS pop-ups alert me. Therefore, I my kept my network cable unplugged until installing CIS. After CIS installed and restarted my PC, I entered my logon password and then the PC froze. Ctrl-Alt-Del had no effect, so I had to use the power off button. Several reboots produced the same result. I plugged in the network cable and rebooted, with the same result.

Luckily, I had backed up my hard disk before installing CIS. I restored from backup, connected the network cable and reinstalled CIS. Everything went smoothly (other than the unknown programs that called home).

I propose that CIS installation should never cause a freeze. I believe that a significant percentage of users want to configure CIS before connecting to the internet. For example, disconnecting the internet before uninstalling an old firewall and installing CIS. This is especially important for persons without a hardware firewall/router since cable and DSL users are pounded by viruses from other users in their neighborhood (as my firewall logs demonstrate).

Other security software: SUPERAntiSpyware on demand only, Avira Free 9.0 on demand only (avgnt.exe autorun blocked)
CIS version: 3.9.95478.509