free version mia [resolved]

I installed the free version, because zone alarm was causing massive problems. Comodo worked great! until I came back yesterday from a few days away. Comodo is not running and I can’t restart it. Can’t find the necessary files to restart and also tried to download the free version again, but I can’t. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

(:WAV) hi mike,
so you mean, there’s no CFP3 icon on your desktop?systray?start menu? anywhere? it’s just gone ???
how about in Control panel / add or remove program ? no CFP3 listed there?
and what do you mean you tried to download the free version again but you can’t? you can’t download or you can’t install ???

you may not install other firewall/CFP if you still have a firewall installed on your comp. :o

Yes,

No cfp3icon anywhere. Everything it just gone. Nothing in control panel, etc…I have searched everywhere.

I the comodo subdirectory there are two other directories…repair and scanners. Scanners is empty. Repair has the following files in it:

@dosmz.cav
@first.cav
@pe32.cav
@torque.cav
bases.cav
cfp
cfplogvw
cfpres.dll
cfpsbmit
cfpupdat
cmdagent
cmdGuard
cmdhlp
common.cav
crashrep
framework.dll
guard32.dll
incompatsw
inspect
sigsdb
trusted.tvl

When I try to download the free version, It won’t run.

This is really weird.

Thanks,

Mike

You can find relevant info in Full Removal of Comodo Firewall Pro 3 with SafeSurf Toolbar (If Regular Uninstall Method Fails)

I got another copy of the setup file for the free version from another computer, saved to my computer and reinstalled. Everything is working correctly. It even has my old settings. I am still puzzled why the files were deleted, but thinks are running well.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

then i’ll just lock this topic (:WAV)
wanna reopen this topic? pls PM me or other mod.
(:HUG)