Free Download Manager/libcef.dll Issues

OK, longtime user of Comodo here, and not sure if this is a usage issue or a bug.

I’m installing FDM along with its browser extensions.

If Comodo is running during the install of FDM will finish but if I try and start it after I get that “libcef.dll is corrupt/missing reinstall to fix this”. libcef.dll is a file in the FDM\Program Files(x86) folder.

I went into my Unrecognized files, Purge/Lookup/and marked any FDM related ones as trusted. It still won’t work. Same error. I notice that the Sandbox is blocking access to the file as I see my “Blocked Intrusions” counter going upwards and upon checking it I see it is being fired by libcef.dll.

I uninstall and reinstall. Same problem. I check my Unrecognized and clear it out again. Still no joy.

If I run the install with Comodo deactivated (except the firewall) it installs fine and I can start the program up normally so this is not a corrupt download or an installer issue. NB - Of particular note here is that I still see the Unrecognized Files counter increasing even when Comodo is deactivated. Is this normal?

Once I restart Comodo the same stupid fight starts again, even if I clear my Unrecognized Files before I activate Comodo.

I try and add an ignore rule to the Sandbox to ignore the whole program folder and it still doesn’t work.

Can someone please tell me how to end this ridiculous circle ■■■■? Or is it a bug?

I’ve always found Comodo can be temperamental and hyperactive on blocking things, it’s why I like it, but in the past I could always hit an override button and overcome it.

OK, this might be a bug.

I switched off the Sandbox and the same libcef.dll error comes up. Another note, the Blocked Intrusions counter will start ticking up, even though the Sandbox is off.

Is this normal behaviour, that the Sandbox will continue to lock access to files when off?

If this isn’t a bug, it’s an absurd ‘feature’.

OK, more scouring and I found the libcef.dll file and another FDM related file in the Blocked Files section of Protected Files. This is under the HIPS section, so seems not a Sandbox issue after all.

How can I remove these files from Comodo’s notice, is it as simple as clicking on “Remove”?

Why would Comodo have put these files here when I marked all files as trusted and told Comodo not to isolate the application again when it asked me to?

It is indeed as simple as clicking remove.

Why would Comodo have put these files here when I marked all files as trusted and told Comodo not to isolate the application again when it asked me to?
Comodo would not do that by its self. May be you did once and forgot. You could trawl the D+ logs if you want to see if they caught it (assuming it happened in the windows that the logs cover) or just simply remove it and live on happily after.