Free 3D modelling software

Is that a Boxter and a Cayenne I see there?

LM

Oh yes, I’m impressed :smiley:
At least for the Boxster, it’s small so one could take it for a 911 convertible. They’re amazing, at least considering that they were free to download.

/LA

It’s all in the details (which I think it’s great the images show those details…) - the rise of the front fender as compared to the slope of the nose (visible on passenger side), and the arch of the rear fenders both help identify it as a Boxster. :wink:

And good job on a home with such a wonderful view (and great selection of cars)! (:CLP)

Well done LM ;D
I can understand it, as I know we discussed Porsche a while ago, and I remember that you’ve actually driven them (911 Turbo I think).

Thanks for your comment. I’ll come back later just to show a close up of those cars, it’s fascinating :slight_smile:

/LA

Here are those cars. They’re not perfect, e.g. the Boxster misses its white back lights (they are only orange here), but I’m impressed that someone has modeled these cars and released for free!

/LA

[attachment deleted by admin]

That’s a whole lot of detail. Wow, somebody really put a lot of work into those!

LM

PS: I’ve actually driven several different Porsches - 914 (I know, some would say this isn’t really a Porsche), 911 (different versions, including Turbo), 924, 928, 944. But no Boxter or Cayenne…

Did you guys know you can make animations in Bryce, like small avatars…
(:WIN)

LA - forever secured.

Didn’t know that, how do you make the pictures animated?

Hey, arrange a scene with any object. I’ll show you how to animate the object, but I haven’t figured out how to move the camera.

Look in the attached picture:

1. Click here to make the tools & buttons look like you see here.
  2. Click the little triangle, make sure that “Auto-Key” is checked.
  3. Drag this to any point on the line, e.g. 4.
  4. Now, make your desired change to the object (resize or move).
  5. Click Play and you should see the wireframe animation!

If you wish to continue the movement of the object, simply drag again from point 4 and further right, then make the change to your object.

To render it as AVI, MPEG, QT or RM, just click “Render Animation…” from the File menu. Just keep in mind, it’ll take forever to render a large scene… my avatar is only 64x64 and was quickly rendered.

With a little fantasy, one can do really cool stuff. I’ve hardly tried this yet, and I want to learn how to move the camera (like you move it to orient yourself in the scene). One cool movie I made, was that Porsche Cayenne on snow - moving it forward and meanwhile rotating it 90 degrees, it was exactly like it made a skid.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

/LA

Thanks! :smiley:

NP =)
LA

Justin and others, we’re lucky to have a 5.5 version serial number for free - I’m afraid I can’t find the offer anymore, so new users probably have to buy 6.1 now. Costs $99.95 at DAZ’s website.

-LA

You know what, I too just noticed that, it seems that it was a limited time offer, although Download.com is still offering the free download, I’m sure you there is still an area on the site that you can register it, but they just aren’t advertising it anymore.

Did we all forget Bryce? Anyone who got a free copy and still uses it? I didn’t do much after the period of this thread, but now I’m back in the game. Currently rendering a 2480x1654 pixels large scene of an urban environment. I make it for a student purpose, the scene will go “public” in a month or so. If I finish it soon I’ll probably release it here (maybe today or next week). I want to bring out the artists in all of you!

LA

EDIT: Things went fast, the scene is done. I’m not perfectly satisfied with the light & colors, maybe I’ll do some extra tweaking in Photoshop.

B
U
M
P
!

When I saw this Defense+ / Bryce topic, I decided to bump my old thread and post some scenes I’ve made with Bryce. Touch-up in GIMP (improved light to make them a bit soft and vision-like). :slight_smile:

LA

some nice pictures but the excessive watermarks kill them.
here are some of mine.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=wawadave

and i saw someone asking what daz studio is good for it works like poser you can pose your human animal etc models then return to bryce to set up final scene and render.

My lovely free software is GIMP + Blender =)
They are very good in usability and both have simple but powerful interface and abilities.
For Blender - it is very good example of work with it - movie “Elephant Dreams”(or something like that spelling). It’s freeware movie. You can look, download, share it for free =)))
Also GIMP and Blender able to have a greate power for individual user because of Plugin system, designed for using Python language and some other types of plugins.

i use gimp and blender on ubuntu boxes.
and blender in windows.
i like blenders dyscombobulater can do some nice greebles.

my eyesights not good enough to model too hard to see whats what in wire frames.

like useing bryce its so easy once you learn where things are.

Heh… Bender offers yu a great tool for temporary hiding any Verts/faces/edges that you don’t want to see at this moment. Also Solid mode and so on. The last good thing - layers. Just make objects in their layers - it could be useful (20 layers is more that enough)

But don’t blame me. I’m not telling you that Blender is the best! It’s just good for me =)

The other day I made a new scene, I got inspired by my parents house. In reality it’s made from red bricks with white wood panel. I suggested a total remake with grout facade, teak panels and an updated balcony with glass railing. This would bring modernism to a plain 1970’s villa. Also suggested a new car. ;D

The car and the background (sky, slope and trees) are photos from the web. The rest is created as models. Everything was finally rendered in Bryce and I made some shadow & light touch ups in GIMP. The original resolution is great - I looked for extra large photos on Google and rendered in 2560 x 1439 pixels, with the car and background (especially the car) still sharp!

LA