FP

AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer.

It can be gotten from here if needed

Hi jay2007tech,

We’ll verify it and remove detection.

Thanks and regards,
Ionel

Hi jay2007tech,

This is to inform you that false-positive has been fixed.
You can update to AV database Version <17471> of Comodo Internet Security
Version <6.3.302093.2976> and confirm it.

Regards,
Priyadharsini.G

The false positive has since resumed. :frowning:

Montana please report the detected file to Comodo using this form as the SHA-1 may not be the same as above.

Thanks for the link Spywar.

Unfortunately, I can’t upload this file, whose details I could only obtain using the PrtScn SqsRq and Copy buttons as the malware warning message soon disappears:

Malware@#15ht31u39nc7y

I have tried to download Adwcleaner via both Bleeping Computer download links. One takes you directly to the Adw Cleaner site. In both cases this malware file appears within seconds which is then swiftly removed upon Comodo detecting it as malware.

It’s inside Comodo Quarantine, but when I tried to submit it, it said “Already submitted”.

Disable Comodo AV, restore the file, locate it then upload it to virustotal https://www.virustotal.com and then post the link in this topic.

I’ve done the above and intriguingly a small number of web sites still classify this as malware.

Here is the Virustotal link:

I don’t see a Comodo detection, is it still getting detected ?

Yes. I did a fresh survey which is detected by 3 out of 48 sources:

CMC Trojan.Win32.Generic!O 20131224
Commtouch W32/GenBl.AF5C8444!Olympus
TrendMicro-HouseCall TROJ_GEN.F47V1223

I haven’t run the file, only temporarily disabled the anti-virus in order to access the file and have since submitted a report with the uploaded file also directly to Comodo.

Your File was uploaded successfully and will shortly undergo analysis by Comodo technicians. Your valuable contribution will help improve the effectiveness of Comodo products and so help us in our mission to provide the very highest levels of security to users worldwide.

Update: Please cancel the analysis, as it’s currently now working again. :slight_smile:

Glad to see problem is solved.