FP of MSN8 forced upgrade install on Win2k?

Hi there,

I think BoClean have detected an FP on an forced upgrade install file on Win2k for the MSN Messenger.

I wanted to start MSN Messenger 7.0 on Windows 2000 today, then to start and login, the MSN Messenger (or better MSFT…) forced me to upgrade this version to a newer version, or I could not use it anymore…

So I let MSN automatically download the upgrade install file (MSN 8??) for the MSN Messenger and after finish the download, a warning message was displayed for this install with the certificate/signature of MSFT…
I clicked yes to continue install/upgrade, but then the process was stopped by BOClean 4.25. 88) :o

Strange, I think this is an FP. ???

Here is the upgrade information link:
http://get.live.com/messenger/whatsnew?GeoID=00000000&Plcid=0407&CLCID=0407&Country=00&BrandID=msmsgs&Build=7.0.0816&OS=Win&Version=7.0

I’m using german Windows 2000 SP4 UPR1 with IE 6.0 SP1 and all fixes…

I will attach an screenshot of the warning message from BOClean.

best regards,

PSchuetz

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for reporting what may be a false positive.
Please submit the file as directed in our FAQ.

[u][b]Suspected False Positives?[/b][/u]

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,8630.0.html (temp link)

Q: Where do we send the files that are being alerted on that we suspect are FPs?

A: You can email them to: malwaresubmit [ at ] avlab.comodo.com .
You may want to specify in the subject line “False Positive?” for clarity’s sake.
As usual, zip and password protect with “infected” including that information in the body.

Hi there,

ok, but I would prefer if Comodo would directly integrates such an submit function into BOClean itself.

A quarantine option with the ability to submit the file directly to Comodo within the BOClean application would be very useful and easy. (Like with NOD32…)

You should implement this without the need for an external email app.

Thanks in advance!

best regards,

PSchuetz

Hey,

you’re very bad.

The size of the file is 7 or 8 MB and your email server said it is too big…! It returned… :frowning: (:AGY)

I uploaded it to my web email account with my slow internet connection and now you don’t accept it, I’m very angry, that’s not ok! >:( :frowning:

Here is the text from the returning email:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mcavm1.mcr.colo.comodo.net. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

malwaresubmit@comodo.com:
192.168.136.201 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552 Message too big!

— Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path:
Received: (qmail 9465 invoked by alias); 27 Sep 2007 03:36:04 -0000
Delivered-To: malwaresubmit@avlab.comodo.com

regards,

PSchuetz

Whoops, kinda hard to submit it when it’s that big. Sorry about that.
We did just put out a new update you might see if this fixes the problem.
If not, your best bet is to submit a ticket to support here:

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Hi there,

ok, I hope it will work and fix it…

But therefore you should forward my suggestion I made in this topic to your developers of BOClean, in order to get around this.

Thanks in advance!

best regards,

PSchuetz