Format & Install

On my computer (my dads old computer) I’ve gone from XP to Vista to Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit.
Everything has always installed fine.

The last install (32bit to 64bit) was done after being infected (before Comodo) and I told the tech guy to format and install from my upgrade disc.

Installed again. This time formatted & installed & everything is fine. I have partitioned the drive as C & E, D is the DVD drive.

Disk Management shows the following. Is this correct??

C Simple Basic NTFS Healthy (Boot, PageFile, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

My Stuffs E Simple Basic NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition)

System Reserved Simple Basic NTFS Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)

Thanxx
Naren

Edit - I have installed only win 7, no software & no drivers. msconfig - startup & add/remove is empty, is it normal?

Is the everything above correct? So that I can go ahead & install other programs & drivers.

Thanxx
Naren

Partitioning is a matter of personal preference, what you have seems to be a fairly standard partitioning scheme. There’s nothing wrong with it and if you’re happy with it…

What I want to know is, the attributes for drive E (For my stuffs) NTFS, Primary Partition, etc are fine?

Thanxx
Naren

I have deleted the Vista Recovery Manager & formated & installed Win 7. When I install drivers from HP Upgrade Assistant it also installs Recovery Manager Upgrade Patch but as I mentioned deleted recovery manager & did a fresh install after formatting. Will this patch will be a prob for recovery or repairing of Win 7.

Recovery Manager Upgrade Patch - This package contains a Recovery Manager Installer Patch for Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade. This patch enables a user to recover a notebook/laptop back to the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System after the notebook/laptop has been upgraded to Microsoft Windows 7.

Thanxx
Naren