Flipboard Application Cannot Start With CIS Installed [M936]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue) [list type=decimal]

• Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
  • Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Flipboard is not working after CIS 7 is installed. If uninstalling CIS 7, Flipboard works well.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    1:Access Win8 app store and Install Flipboard (download here):
    Microsoft Apps
    2:It will install correctly. However, upon starting it an error message will be shown and it will not open.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    I don’t know.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    No problem.
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    If CIS 6.3 is installed, Flipboard works well.
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    I tried to register Flipboard to Firewall Application rules. But Flipboard is still not working. Although CIS’s all functions is stopped, the result is the same.
    Also, uninstalling all other AV software did not solve this issue.

B. YOUR SETUP

• Exact CIS version & configuration:
    CIS 7.0.313494.4115, default configuration
  • Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    Default. Stopping all functions, Flipboard is not working.
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    Yes
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
    No, I tried a clean install.
    [list type=lower-alpha][li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    NA
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    Yes, but this did not help.
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 8.1 x64, UAC ON
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
    a=AVAST 9, EMET 5.0 TP, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75, PeerBlock 1.1+(r691) b=None
    [/list][/list]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for reporting this. Could you please provide a direct link to where the devs could download Flipboard?

Also, can you please ensure that Viruscope is not enabled? I have seen some similar issues reported, but those were solved by disabling Viruscope.

In addition, please attach a diagnostics report to your first post.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Flipboard official link : https://flipboard.com/
Flipboard download link : Microsoft Apps
(required Windows 8 )

Though Viruscope is stopped, the problem not solved. I don’t know what diagnostics report means exactly. What does that mean?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you. I have just a few more questions.

Does Flipboard install correctly, and you only see the error when you subsequently try to run it, or does the error appear during installation?

Also, please list all security software which used to be installed on your computer, but is now removed.

Thanks.

Flipboard installation was successful, but execution failed with error message. I use security software such as avast, Microsoft EMET, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Peerblock. While I was attempt to uninstall those software, Flipboard was still not working.

Thank you. I just updated the first post. Please look it over and let me know if everything seems correct. If it’s fine I will forward this to the devs.

Thanks again.

Thank you for revising the post. Everything is perfect.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

;D
Hi
We have reproduced this bug in my local machine, then we will fix it.

From COMODO

As mentioned in my other thread the same problems appear with other native Windows Apps.
[]Flipboard: Flipboard is undergoing maintenance. Please try again later. For the latest status, follow @FlipboardStatus on Twitter.[]Shuffle Party: (Error -2101608440)[*]FOCUS Online
Deactivating Comodo did not fixed the problem

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Should be fixed with CIS 8.2.0.5005 so moving to resolved. If you feel this is not fixed please PM a moderator. Thanks.