Whenever I tried setting up the Windows 7 HomeGroup, I kept getting an error message about the password not being correct though it was correctly typed in. COMODO Internet Security was blocking it so this is how I fixed it…
- Open CIS.
- Click on FIREWALL at the top.
- Click on MY PORT SETS.
- Click ADD > A NEW PORT SET. Call it HomeGroup. Click APPLY.
- Now find HomeGroup on the list and underneath it, it will say (add ports here). Click on that then click on ADD > A NEW PORT.
- CIS seems to use both TCP/UDP at the same time so there is no selection for this in CIS. Dot the circle in front of ADD A SINGLE PORT and add port 3587. Click APPLY.
- Repeat the above and add port 3540.
- Now go through the HomeGroup setup wizard and everything should work.
In case you use these directions for a different software firewall program, 3587 is TCP and 3540 is UDP.
Also be sure your Network is set to HOME in Network and Sharing Center.