First ping request timeout

Dear all,

I’m using windows 8 enterprise rtm 64 bits.
After install CIS, or just Comodo firewall, I see that the first ping always request timeout.
From the 2nd ping, it runs successfully.

I uninstall CIS, and the first ping OK.
Then install CIS, and lost first ping again.

Is there any way to fix problem with first ping?

Thank you very much.

Do you mean that all four ping attempts that are part of the ping routine time out? What version of CIS are you using?

I tried on my Win 8 x86 with CIS v6 beta but it does not happen here. Can other Win 8 user using 5.10 or 5.12 report their findings?

Thanks for your reply, Eric

I’m using CIS 5.12.
I mean that only the first ping request timeout. The other ping successfully.
Please check this image, if you cannot see the image, please check the attached file

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6464/1127201284011am.png

[attachment deleted by admin]

I tested it on my Win 8 x86 but don’t see it happening. Is there anybody else using Win 8 x64 or another 64 bit version of Windows who can test to see what is happening?

Is your Windows Firewall switched off? Also try running clean up tools of previously installed security programs.

So I registered just to post this.

I had the same exact thing (first ping request timeout) happening on win 8 64bit running cfw 5.12 with windows firewall disabled. This was on a clean install of win 8 pro.

The same cfw version did not display this issue on win 7 64bit running on identical hardware.

I’ve uninstalled cfw but would surely reinstall if this issue was fixed! I really liked the firewall.

This calls for a bug report I would say. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I made a bug report. Hope that it will be solved soon.