4. Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it.
When using Custom Policy for the Firewall, it acts like I’m using Block All, so all traffic gets blocked.
5. Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
I’ve tried a reboot, doesn’t work. Only way to resolve at the moment is to disable the firewall. Haven’t tried to do a complete uninstall.
6. Brief description of your Defense+ and Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe) plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+
Firewall’s set to Custom Policy (it’s disabled at the moment, but that’s what I used when the bug occured). For alerts I use Very High. Alerts enabled for TCP, UDP and ICMP. Everything in Attack Detection Settings->Misc. enabled.
Defense+ set to Paranoid Mode. Everything enabled in Monitor Settings, also using Block all the unknown requests if the application is closed.
I have the same settings as you have in Firewall & Defence+ and also using Block all the unknown requests if the application is closed.
The only differences are Windows XP Home edition.
AVG Antivirus 7.5, Sandboxie 3.21 and AdSubtract Pro.
No problems with firewall blocking.
Oh well, funny thing is it just happend today, been working fine before.
But anyways, I hate Microsoft, so here’s the only (Windows) services that’s running (the rest is either disabled or set to manual):
Plug and Play
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Windows Management Instrumentation
I know CFP needs (?) Terminal Services, but it has worked fine until today. DHCP Client not needed since I’m using a router, and also for DNS Client, I’m using another DNS Server than Windows defualt one.
Bit off-topic, but I think that I owned Safe Mode ;D
I apologize for not thinking of this sooner than this morning thinking about differences between Home XP and Professional, and I remember what I did 17 days ago when I installed CPF3 latest version I set Firewall at Custom Policy(Alert Highest Level) Defence+ at Paranoid.
But I also deleted all preset Rules(Apart from Comodo’s) and ticked box for Enable alerts for Loopback requests.
(This can cause problems)
Sorry for not thinking of this sooner.
Okay, now I’ve fixed the problem!
Seems that somehow, my MAC adress was changed from 0A-0A-0A-0A-0A-0A (it’s not fake :P), so I couldn’t connect to the Internet, but when I changed back to 0A-0A-0A-0A-0A-0A it worked again. Anyways, thanks for your help guys!
I’ll go ahead and close this now that I’ve solved this problem myself, and it wasn’t really a bug.