Well, this bug has been here for long time. I won’t even bother to explain I’ll just provide reproduce and that’s it.
- install any version of Comodo Firewall
- change the ‘Firewall Behavior Settings’ to proper setting.
(Custom Policy Mode, Disable: ‘create rules for safe applications’, Very High and check ‘Protect ARP Cache’)
- Install any application which requires an open port.
(FTP server, Mirc, any P2P software, what ever)
- create an ‘Predefined Application Policy’ for the application (exactly what the application needs)
- create an application rule to ‘Network Security Policy’ with the ‘Predefined Application Policy’ you just created.
- restart the system
- when you login run the application & see does Firewall settings apply
Now, I have probably attempted pretty near everything that comodo firewall would actually apply the setting over restart of the system with no luck. I think this is something really minor on coding side. Like when comodo is started there’s somewhere an ‘apply the settings’ missing.
Only solution Open every reboot the comodo up on screen click either ‘predefined application Policies’ + Apply OR click the ‘Network Security Policy’ + Apply and after this everything works again flawless.
Personal stuff (Why it’s a problem):
I am rebooting a lot as I am doing a lot of hardware testing specifically drivers and other troubleshooting. Also I almost could bet my neck that this ‘bug’ is the thing which has been bothering my network connection on windows 7 start as if comodo would not apply and networking would of not been applied this would not allow svthost go through DNS correctly.
x83 board / 4Ghz Quad
Windows 7 x64 (absolute latest kernels / patches)
- Have no other security application installed or applied
- Connection is clean Ethernet (no modems or routers)
- No windows firewalls / general Microsoft security policy is applied / No IPv6.