Firewall: Set Folder as "New Trusted Application"

Dear good people,

in order to add a new trusted application we can currently select a specific executable or pick one of the the following file groups: All Executables, All Applications, Important Files/Folders, Windows Updater Applications, Windows System Applications, Temporary Files, COMODO Files/Folders, COMODO Internet Security, Startup Folders, Windows Management, 3rd Party Protocol Drivers

I’d like to request a feature to be able to add “All Executables within a Folder” and “All Executables within a Folder (recursive)”

Examples:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps" (recursive)
or
"D:\Games" (recursive)
or
"C:\Program Files\Sysinternals" (non recursive)

I think this would help a lot of gamers and people with development tools.

Thank you for reading/considering.

+1

Not a bad idea. A recursive feature could be very useful.

However, I can absolutely see people adding "C:" (recursive) and wondering why they got infected. “I was having trouble with a few apps, but this way everything runs perfect!” 88)

That kind of thing can’t really be helped though. There is only so much you can do to protect people from their own ignorance, or dare I say stupidity? :wink: Posts still pop up now and again with people running D+ or the firewall in training mode full time… :-\

You can already allow “All executables”. Adding a recursive folder option doesn’t add any more risks in my opinion :slight_smile:

:-TU

I’m going to make a note of this feature in my Defense+ Charrette thread! And when I get around to doing the firewall stuff, it’ll be in there too.