Firewall Pro v3.8.65951.477 auto-update fails

Hi,

I am using Comodo Firewall Pro Version 3.8.65951.477, on 2 different spec PC’s, both running Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

For a while now on both computers, Comodo informs me of available updates. I proceed to let updating automatically take place, get no error messages, but the next time I boot up, I get the same update offering messages again. If I try to update manually through the software, I am informed of available updates, and after agreeing to allow updating I get a message that there are no updates available.

This seems to have happened after the software automatically upgraded itself to this current version. I’ve not had the problem before, and understand this to have been a problem previously with Vista which was fixed.

I have seen earlier Forum thread messages, with mention deleting the contents of:-

AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Comodo

I have a couple of files here:

‘cfpinfo.ini’, and,
‘cisinfo.ini’

Which I have deleted (with the software shut-down) but still have the same problem.

I have 2 folders in this location:-

‘Database’ (which is empty), and,
‘Themes’ (which has 2 items: ) ‘cfp.themecfp’, and ‘theme1’),

Which I have left alone (not really sure about deleting them, as I don’t want to lose any of the firewall settings).

I have also read about uninstalling and re-installing, but I don’t want to lose any of my policies.

Therefore any ideas? This problem is getting to be rather frustrating.

Regards,

Robin.

Does this topic bring any solace: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_bugs/updates_available_when_there_are_none-t36362.0.html ?

You can export your configuration under Miscellaneous Manage My Configuration. Please read the Help to assist in the process. It is a bit counter intuitive.

If you want to do a clean install let me know and I will give you the drill (this also includes manually deleting possible leftovers).