Firewall not working

Hi Support. I am running firewall and defense+ only (V. 3.12.111745.560) I switched on this morning and found the red circle through my Comodo icon. Opening the interface I an getting the message “The network firewall is not functioning properly” I have ran the diagnostic utility and it reports no problems. This happened about 4 weeks ago and I uninstalled and reinstalled the program which fixed it but what is making this happen ? Any idea’s please.

Do you have other security programs running in the background? Try disabling them and reboot and see if that helps. What security programs do you have running?

Sometime doing a clean install using this clean up tool after uninstalling and rebooting can do the trick.

Thanks for the reply Eric. The only running security program running is Avast antivirus. I also manually run MalwareBytes and Superantispyware. I will download the clean up tool and try again. Cheers.

I have done the above and all is running well, baring in mind I did the same thing about 6 weeks ago with the exception of using the clean up tool. Thanks again Eric.

Glad it did the trick for you. :-TU