Firewall not updating

Hi I just install comodo firewall and defence+ but it is not updating. When I try to update it says Access denied. Any help please

Can you explain how you’re updating the product and also what, CIS or Windows, is generating the access denied message, perhaps with a screen-shot of the message.

Hi, I am trying to update it by clicking more and then check for updates but I’m always receiving a msg access is denied. I use Vista. I attached a screenshot of it

[attachment deleted by admin]

sorry, Just need to notify I use firewall version 5.5.195786.1383. Thanks

Are you running as a limited user under Windows?

Hi EricJH I’m running as Administrator under windows

Is this happening continuously, or is it intermittent?

It is happening continue. Ok what I will try to do is to uninstall it and then re-install back again by have a fresh download from the website. I will tell you the result of it

I cant re-install the firewall back now.I’m attaching the screen-shot of it

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Vishalmatch. It might be worth giving this unofficial Comodo Uninstaller tool a run and try again. Good luck.

I suspect there are some corrupt registry keys preventing you from performing these tasks, do you have, or have you had, any additional security applications installed?

For now, try running the Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products to remove any remnants of the previous installation.

Edit: The captain beat me to it :slight_smile:

Hi Captainsticks and Radaghast thanks for providing me these tools, I will try these both of these and see if Im successful. Yes I also believe that this problem is due to corrupt registries. few days ago I had installed CIS but later uninstalled it.I additionally use sandboxie and pc tool Threatfire but the problem exist before threatfire installed

Sorry didnt notice the tool was same. Gave it a try but the problem still exist. I can install it back again if I run installer as Administrator but otherwise cant install it ,get that same error msg. however even if I install as administrator,then cant update it after-all.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

Are there other security programs running in the background or programs that interfere with networking (think Peerblock, Netlimiter, etc).

Im sorry the problem is not fixed with these tools. I install and uninstall several times but still have same update problem. I started to have internet connectivity problem as well,It is connecting and then disconnecting again and again time to time. I dont know wether it started because of firewall or the server is down or wireless not connecting :'(. At the moment it is connected and I hope it be the same :wink:

I’m still inclined to think this may be down to some corrupt registry keys that are not being deleted, even with the clean-up utility. It may be worth taking a look through this thread, paying particular attention to the registry entries. If you find any keys that are undeletable, you can try to remove them by running regedit as the system account. There’s a small utility that allows you to do this easily.

another thought is to take a look in the Windows event logs, by running eventvwr.msc from the start menu. Once event viewer is open, take a close look at the system and application logs for any entries related to the ‘access denied’ message, or errors related to CIS/sandboxie.

Hello Radaghast Sorry for the late reply I will try to do the same as instructed and Will let you know the out come. Thanks