Firewall not blocking anything

Earlier today I updated the drivers for my wifi card and ever since Comodo has been refusing to work properly.

For example, if I turn on Custom Policy Mode and launch Firefox I get the usual pop up asking me to grant net access. If I click block and select ok, Firefox opens as normal and connects straight to the internet. No outbound connections are registered by Comodo, and no traffic can be seen on the taskbar icon. In the logs however it will say Firefox blocked with source IP of 0.0.0.0 and destination IP 127.0.0.1.

Even setting Comodo to Block All Mode does nothing; every application connects as normal.

I’ve uninstalled Comodo as per the removal instructions and done a clean install three times now, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

First try disabling all other anti malware and network related programs and see if the same thing happens or not.

When that doesn’t try the following. We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.