Firewall is stopping me from downloading different things

Hey i’m a bit of a noob here so bare with me
I was wondering if someone can please help me. Lately I recieved a trojan horse virus and it appears it has messed around a little bit with my Comodo firewall pro. It is stopping me from downloading some things like windows live messenger, avg8 updates, itunes updates, various programs i need to install for my scannerprinter.

When I turned the firewall off completely it allowed me to do all those things but that doesnt seem safe to do that much. Also I am still able to download things from limewire perfectly so yea.

Can someone please help?

If you recently got infected are you sure your system is 100% clean. Have you tried scanning with SuperAntiSpyware, Malware Bytes Anti Malware and Dr. Webcurit? If you still having problems with Comodo then why don’t you do the easiest thing and do a complete uninstall and reinstall of Comodo.

Hi bj-aus & Welcome to the forums.

Agree with Vettetech, Download the following:

SUPERAntispyware
Malware Byes’ Anti-Malware

Update ALL Definition Updates. After doing so, DON’T start the scan. I advise you boot into “safe mode” so only needed windows services are running:

If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a “keyboard error” message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

When in Safe Mode, run the scans & remove all infections Then reboot in NORMAL MODE, re-run the scans to make sure the PC is clean, Also run you’re Anti-Virus Scanner. Then download a fresh copy of CFP 3 & install it.

Cheers,
Josh