User interface of Personal Firewall Pro version 18.104.22.1688 locks up if you try to add files by browsing the disk in any “My *** files” section of Defense plus. You can add files by selecting processes with no problem.
The corresponding function on the firewall side, as opposed to the Defense plus side works fine. I have tried:
- reinstalling several times
- checking Faq and forum
- disbling anativirus and anti-spyware real time protection (AntiVir, Adaware basic and Spybot)
Also more minor problem. Have disabled monitoring of memory accesses for a program (IdriveETray.exe, a backup program tray app.) by setting up a security policy add applying the policy to the appropriate process but Defence PLus is still logging hundreds of memory access events for the program.
This is a great free firewall. Hoping you can help with the two problems I have.
Mike (convert from ZA Pro)
- Your Internet connection type: ADSL max via router
- Operating system and Service Pack Level: XP Pro SP2
- How you are logging in to the OS: Admin
- Other real-time security applications installed: Avira, Spybot
- Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: Zonealarm, uninstalled
- Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: None permanently, Aviria, Spybot to try to resolve problem
- Please inform us if you have created any custom rules: Yes, but problem occurs before custom rules created.