Firewall interface locks up when adding files by browsing disk

User interface of Personal Firewall Pro version 3.0.25.378 locks up if you try to add files by browsing the disk in any “My *** files” section of Defense plus. You can add files by selecting processes with no problem.

The corresponding function on the firewall side, as opposed to the Defense plus side works fine. I have tried:

• reinstalling several times
  • checking Faq and forum
  • disbling anativirus and anti-spyware real time protection (AntiVir, Adaware basic and Spybot)

Also more minor problem. Have disabled monitoring of memory accesses for a program (IdriveETray.exe, a backup program tray app.) by setting up a security policy add applying the policy to the appropriate process but Defence PLus is still logging hundreds of memory access events for the program.

This is a great free firewall. Hoping you can help with the two problems I have.

Mike (convert from ZA Pro)

• Your Internet connection type: ADSL max via router
  • Operating system and Service Pack Level: XP Pro SP2
  • How you are logging in to the OS: Admin
  • Other real-time security applications installed: Avira, Spybot
  • Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: Zonealarm, uninstalled
  • Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: None permanently, Aviria, Spybot to try to resolve problem
  • Please inform us if you have created any custom rules: Yes, but problem occurs before custom rules created.