firewall installed but not functioning

Hi I installed Comodo Free firewall and after install it said the firewall was not working and to run the diagnostics. I did that and it said it found errors but could not fix them automatically and generated a report.

I found this in the report:

-

Any ideas? I can post the entire report but it is very long so just put what looks like it was a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi BigW,
Did you reboot the system after install?

Yes. It is a Win8 64 bit build btw.

As you had only recently installed it, it’s probably worth trying to reinstall it again. This may be due to a bad install, for whatever reason.

Please try reinstalling it by following the advice I give in this post. Be sure to let us know if reinstalling by following those methods solves the problem or not.

Thanks.

I have uninstalled it and re-installing it with same results but not with following the exact method you have suggested, but close. I will try it when I get home. I am not feeling that this will work as the error in the report from Comodo that I posted is the same each time. We will see I guess.
thank you. I will let you know what happens.

Keep us posted. An important step in the process is to remove possible left overs of previously installed security programs.

Okay followed the directions given and same result. says firewall is not functioning and cannot fix itself. I can add the diagnoses file that it dumps if that helps.

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

Thanks Eric, I checked that and Comodo is not present to be removed.

What is there? Can you post a screenshot of the network connection properties?

Assuming that CIS is currently uninstalled. Can you check the registry if the following two entries are present:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Inspect
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\LEGACY_INSPECT

If the first entry is there please try erasing it manually.

When the second entry is there open device manager elevated. To do this run the following two lines from the command prompt:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

With Device Manager open go to View and enable “Show hidden devices”. Now look under “Non Plug and Play drivers”. You may see u several drivers referring to Comodo Internet Security. See attached image for what it will look like.

When there are Comodo Internet Security drivers present select them one by one → right click → in the context menu choose uninstall. If after uninstalling a driver was asked to reboot wait until you uninstalled them all, then reboot. Do this only for the drivers of Comodo Internet Security; don’t touch the others.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry took so long to respond. I was sick and didn’t work on my computer. I have solved the problem. The problem was that the Win8 upgrade was bad. I did a clean install and all is well. Thanks for the help.