Firewall doesnt monitor traffic (Win7 64)?

I have PC with XP and laptop with Win7 (x64).
On XP when I open Comodo firewall I can see in the traffic section different programms connecting with Internet - most % for system, then email programm, Firefox… but when using Skype also Skype is there. I can also see green or red arrows in the Comodo system tray.

No I noticed that on the Windows7 (x64) in the traffic section there is only and always System 100%, doesnt matter if I download big file or talking in Skype. Also there are no green or red arrows in the systemtray icon…
Is this normal?
PC with XP is connected to Internet via LAN, laptop with Win7 via WLAN but I dont think that this affects something.
The issue sounds like this one here https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t49092.0.html

PS:
I am behind a router with firewall function

is this normal (look at screenshot)?

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9308/traffic.th.png

actually I have Skype and Email progam running… but they are not in the traffic

could some one answer me please.

I compared the Traffic on my laptop with Win7 (screenshot in the previous post) with that on my WinXP (look at the screenshot below)

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/563/trafficm.th.jpg

On the laptop with Win7 I have never seen such aminated tray icon with such dick red and green arrows? ??? Also the Traffic was never like this where there are different applications displayed (only System 100%).

what do you think?
Thanks for help

You should try to uninstall comodo,reboot, and install again, reboot see if that fixes it

I did this many times, used also Cleanup tool (which seems to not work properly on Win7 I think), even removed registry entries and install again… no change.
So it means that 100% System in the traffic is not good display or what ??? :-\

Quick test, put the firewall in “block all mode” now try to surf the web and see if it blocks or not, if this does not block then something is not filtering properly.

Can you after you have tried that run diagnostics on the Misc page and see if that turns up with anything?

Can you also please post your adapter details for the host that’s not working on, in some cases the NIC’s are not properly recognized causing this issue.

Also please check the properties of the adapter and see if “Comodo internet security Firewall driver” is present there?

In Block All mode there is no Internet connection

no problems were found

I dont understand how to do these 2 steps.
Could you please give me further information…

So some part of the firewall is working…

no problems were found
So it's not a missing driver etc..
I dont understand how to do these 2 steps. Could you please give me further information...

Please start msinfo32.exe and click to Components, Network, Adapter.
It will now enumerate a list of adapters found on your system, you can use CTRL-A to select all text and CTRL-C to past it in a notepad file and upload it here…

Please verify the logfile if you need to mask some ip address details !!
if it’s something like 192.168.1.1 mask it please like 192.168.x.y etc…

here the uploaded file

[attachment deleted by admin]

So the problem is with this interface right?

Name [00000011] Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11bg 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter Adaptertyp Ethernet 802.3 Produkttyp Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11bg 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter Installiert Ja PNP-Gerätekennung USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8197\00E04C000001 Letzte Zurücksetzung 25.02.2010 13:55 Index 11 Dienstname RTL8187B IP-Adresse 192.168.X.X, fe80::38ba:41f6:b0cf:d23f IP-Subnetz 255.255.255.0, 64 Standard-IP-Gateway 192.168.X.X DHCP aktiviert Ja DHCP-Server 192.168.X.X DHCP-Lease-Gültigkeitsdauer 28.02.2010 13:56 DHCP-Lease-Start 27.02.2010 13:56 MAC-Adresse 70:1A:04:85:20:92 Treiber c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl8187b.sys (62.1176.812.2009, 436,50 KB (446.976 Bytes), 19.01.2010 15:16)

Please try the following, open the Firewall Network Policy and find for example firefox.exe, and change this rule to enable logging for it, now apply that rule and cause some network traffic with firefox and see if the firewall logging is showing this traffic…

you ask me if the problem is with the interface?!.. I dont know. Why do you thing so? In the file I uploaded I dont see Comodo adapter there

How to add logging for Firefox, sorry could you explain?

Well what i was trying to ask was “Is this the active interface used on the system where the firewall fails”?
So in this case is it only failing if you use WIFI? does it work when you use the onboard LAN?

How to add logging for Firefox, sorry could you explain?
Can you open CIS GUI to to Firewall, Advanced, Network Policy, once it's opened try to find the rule for Firefox and double click on the "Allow ....." rule and now tick "log as firewall event..." click apply etc...

i dont understand the question “Is this the active interface used on the system where the firewall fails”? what is “active interface”? At this time I use wireless LAN, so I have to try while using only LAN?

Can you open CIS GUI to to Firewall, Advanced, Network Policy, once it's opened try to find the rule for Firefox and double click on the "Allow ....." rule and now tick "log as firewall event..." click apply etc...
i dont have rules for Firefox, there re only for System, Win Operating System ... I suggest I have to create a rule for Firefox, right? By doing this do I have to use the predefined rules for [b]Browser[/b]?
Please try the following, open the Firewall Network Policy and find for example firefox.exe, and change this rule to enable logging for it, now apply that rule and cause some network traffic with firefox and see if the firewall logging is showing this traffic....
After causing some traffic with Firfox where do I have to look? In Comodo summary where the traffic is or there will be a Log file somewhere saved?

ok, I made rule for Firefox, it is here:

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9081/firefoxrule.th.png

then I run a download of OpenOffice, it is about 160MB… during the download I opened Comodo and there is no movement to show that download is running… even number of outgoing and incoming connections was 0 ???

here the screenshot:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4622/traffica.th.png

so, definitively something is doing wrong :-\

what now???

Yes there is your adapter is not recognized, just to be sure, what’s the exact CIS version you are using?
You can find that on the Misc, About window.

I’ll connect this post with an other one about the same issue with an other type of network adapter…
I’ll also move this post to the BUG section if you are running the latest version.

Related bug report:

Topic: BIG BUG: Firewall doens’t filter ANY connection to internet!

my version is the latest yes 3.14.130099.587

A developer asked an other user to try BETA version 4:

Are you willing to test this version also?
Direct links to the installers are here

How secure is testing of beta version?

Well if you don’t like it you could always try to only see if it’s fixed or not.

Export your current configuration, uninstall version 3, reboot.
Install version 4, reboot, see if the firewall works yes/no, uninstall v4, reboot
Install version 4, reboot, import previous configuration and you should be good to go.

Version 4 AV/FW/D+ are stable, Sandbox is the thing that’s “Beta” stage…
For what i read there are no real “crashing” issues, and if you disable Sandbox your pretty much on the same level as current version 3.