Firewall does not listen, part 2

Sorry all, but my previous problems are still happening, now my" Outlook Express" will not work because msimm.exe has been sandboxed with the other mentioned files. They are all in "Trusted files"when I look there, and i have added them to the buffer overflow list. Two other files also are shown at startup scan, Windows Notification Centre App, ( I cannot find this in a WINDOWS search, and the same hpqste08 file,( but this is in capitals as a .pf file, and I found it in Pre Fetch. There is no signature for it), can I delete this file and any ideas for the problem please?

OK, so Outlook Express is now working (after two shutdown and startups), and nothing is in Sandbox, but this problem scan does not happen every startup, just odd times.

Files with the pf extensions are from Windows Prefetcher. You can remove them if you like.

Do you have Block all unknown requests if the application is closed enabled? That can sometimes cause problems during boot time.

Thank you for your reply. Ok I will delete that file, no! that opton is not ticked, only the next one down, the setting is safe mode.

The scan has happened again, showing the same files as unrecognised, when they are listed in the safe list.
It has even found the file I have already deleted in Pre Fetch.

Please Update 5.4 and check again,

What version of Windows are you using?

Please make sure msimm.exe is a digitally signed Windows file. To know for sure that msimm.exe is the original file you can use Sigcheck to see if it is digitally signed by Microsoft.

Download this zip archive and unpack it to C:\Program Files\SysinternalsSuite\ . When done run sigcheck.reg to add it to the registry.

When this is done navigate to the Outlook Express folder, look up and select msimm.exe, click right and choose Signature from the context menu. A black command box will pop up. See if it is signed or not.

Thank you for your reply. 5.4 was already installed when this scan happened. The files were checked on your previous help instructions, and did have a signature. All is running smoothly at the moment, untill the next strange scan. Why is it only happening at odd times, because I use "Outlook Express every day, and why does WINDOWS freeze at this scan? There is no freezing on a normal scan.

What scan are you referring to here? Do you have Scan memory on start enabled?

Thank you for the help, I listed all settings in my first post, but my system is XP Home sp3. However ericJH has spotted it. :o This is a full system scan. I did not set any scan settings (how do I do that please?) But the question remains, why is it ignoring the trusted file list?

Is your Outlook Express getting started by another program, some type of launcher, that is getting sandboxed?

Can you show us screenshots of the D+ logs of around the alerts happen?

Thank you, here are the logs. I have never seen another programm operating. But now (and other times) I have had a message saying “there is another network trying to access my computer, what name will you give it?” I have just clicked cancel, and it seems to work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

What version of Windows are you using?

I see wscnrfy.exe being logged. It is first sandboxed and the it says it is scanned online. I cannot read the rest of what it says.Neither can I read at what time this all takes place. Can you post bigger screenshots so everything can be read?

Sorry! Here is a bigger photograph.

[attachment deleted by admin]