Firewall Blocks IP Through Router

I’m finding an IP address sharing the same router being blocked under Summary / Network Defense / Firewall Events.

The Source IP has the same Destination IP I used while setting up port forwarding for Utorrent, however the port destination does not match the designated Utorrent port destination. This is the first time the firewall has blocked this particular IP, and is doing so every few seconds.

G’day,

A couple of questions, just to make sure I understand the issue correctly.

I'm finding an IP address sharing the same router being blocked under Summary / Network Defense / Firewall Events.

Q1.
You and at least one other PC connect to the internet via a common router.
Correct?

The Source IP has the same Destination IP I used while setting up port forwarding for Utorrent,

Q2.
“The Source IP” refers to the IP address being blocked in your instance of CIS.
Correct?

Q3.
“Destination IP” refers to the IP address on your PC that you have port forwarded on your router to enable a direct utorrent connection.
Correct?

Ewen :slight_smile:

A1.
Myself, and at least one other computer connect to the internet via Modem connected to a wireless router which is set up as a bridge. (meaning, when I made the initial internet set up, connecting the modem to the router, I set up a bridge with the tech assistance of my internet provider) (I had to do this according to the tech due to one of the computers using the router could not connect to internet)

A2.
Correct.

A3.
Correct.

Additional info:
Looking at my firewall settings, I have a network control rule applied which blocks IP in/out, (block and log all unmatching request), source address (any), destination address (any), ip protocol (any).

If the address on the blocked PC (Source IP) is the same as your Pc (Destination IP), then both of you should also have been getting Windows notifications about a duplicate IP on the network and one or the other wouldn’t work.

Can I ask why you and some other unknown PC are sharing an internet connection? Is the router yours?

Ewen :slight_smile:

A1.
The blocked address (source IP) is not the same as the (destination IP).

(source IP = authorized PC sharing internet connection through router) (example 192.168.x.x)

(destination IP = the IP I selected for port forwarding to utorrent) (example 192.168.x.yz)

Again, both of the above IP’s are 2 different PC’s using the same router.

A2.
This is home - small office environment. The IP’s described above belong to PC’s inside the same home. IP 192.168.x.x is hard wired from PC to open slot on the back of the wireless router. IP 192.1638.x.yz also is hardwired from PC to open slot on the back of the wireless router.