Firewall blocks drive sharing

First of all, apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in. I tried to post in the “Internet Security” forum, but there doesn’t appear to be a “New Topic” button anywhere.

My problem is very simple, but annoying. I’m running v7.0.317799.4142 of the CIS suite on a Windows 7 machine in a home network with numerous non-Windows devices. There’s an Ubuntu PC, a couple of tablets, and a WDTV video server.

Simply put, nothing can see the PC running Comodo when the Comodo firewall is active. Although the Win7 PC can see shares on other devices, the PC itself is invisible to others. If I change the firewall setting from Training Mode to disabled, the PC is visible, but of course then the firewall is disabled.

The confusing thing is that I cannot find any setting anywhere in the dizzying array of configuration windows that would explain this. Also, the Firewall Events log shows as empty. That’s disconcerting, since all devices can see the PC when the firewall is disabled, but when it’s enabled, and they scan the network, or try to connect to the PC by IP address and fail, I would expect to see something in the firewall logs, but there’s nothing.

In hunting this down, I now have no less than six different Comodo windows open, trying to find the logs and configuration that could explain it. I’m thinking that this firewall might just be getting a little too complicated if that’s necessary to hunt down what should be a simple network setting. Anyone have any ideas? Other than disabling the firewall, I mean.