Firewall blocks DHCP pased through dd-wrt router

My LAN has DHCP from an Astaro hardware firewall at xxx.xxx.xxx.1 and a dd-wrt router at xxx.xxx.xxx.254.

The dd-wrt router has these settings:

Gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.1
Local DNS: xxx.xxx.xxx.1
DHCP Type: DHCP Forwarder
DHCP Server: xxx.xxx.xxx.1

Comodo Firewall is blocking the DHCP assignments, even when I use the “training mode.”

Comodo Firewall’s Network Zones allow both xxx.xxx.xxx.1 and xxx.xxx.xxx.254

How can Comodo Firewall be set to operate properly with this hardware situation?

Hi,

Does this fix the problem?

The page to which you link references the DHCP server IP address as a.b.c.d then uses 255.255.255.255.

That’s a little confusing. Was it attempting to communicate that 255.255.255.255 is the value of a.b.c.d in this example?

I tried 255.255.255.255 with no success.

I also tried my DHCP server’s IP address with no success.

I then tried adding a second, similar rule with the IP address of the dd-wrt router (switch and AP only) with no success.

Any other ideas?

The a.b.c.d should not be used, this rule only allows incoming traffic of the DHCP response trough the global rules. And the response is send to 255.255.255.255, because you don’t have a real IP at that point in time so it needs to broadcast it on the LAN.

I also tried my DHCP server's IP address with no success.

I then tried adding a second, similar rule with the IP address of the dd-wrt router (switch and AP only) with no success.

Any other ideas?

How is your application rules setup? are there any denies on System or svchost.exe rules?
DHCP requests are normally handled by svchost.exe so it should allow the traffic out.

On other thing, did you configure ARP protection on the FW advanced settings?