Firewall and/or HIPS alerts cause PC hang up! A simple way to avoid it.

Hello all,

Firewall and/or HIPS alerts cause PC hang up, randomly, forcing us to perform a hard restart.
I’ve noticed, there are similar posts about this issue here.

I just want to share with you my experience about this.

When, “Create rules for safe applications” on HIPS is unchecked, problem is gone and PCs never freeze, regardless of what CIS mode, HIPS & FW settings level is used.
I’ve tested it on 3 different PCs, with Win 7 64b and Win 8 64b (all fresh/clean OSs and CIS latest installations, with Win/Defender & Win/FW OFF), always getting same results.

I think there is no reason for me to send a standard format report because this is a major issue which (as far I know) persists for all (or most) users.

THX and we hope for a permanent solution.

Regards!

I’m sorry, but the standard format, with all required information attached, is still required in order for me to forward this to the devs. Please edit your first post so that it is in the standard format. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about how to do this.

Thank you.

This bug will be fixed in next release.

For the time being then I will move this bug report to the Nonformat verified section.

@werby3, if this bug is fixed with the next version, as Ronny said it should be, please respond to this topic and confirm this for us so we know not to worry about the bug. However, if the bug is still present on your system, which could occur for many reasons, be sure to respond to this topic and edit your first post into the standard format so I can forward it to the devs.

Thank you.

We’re waiting for the next release. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, Chiron and Ronny for your responses.

Regards!

Hello,

With v. 6.2.282872.2847 issue has gone :slight_smile:

BTW, with “Paranoid mode” on HIPS, there are some boot and shutdown issues (it takes too much), but I can find (in Defense+ logs) the processes/apps which cause this and eliminate (by creating rules) related problems.
With “Safe mode” on HIPS, CIS works like a charm :slight_smile:

THANK YOU very very much!!!

On Paranoid I normally boot 2 or 3 times in training mode to prevent these issues.
Review the auto-learn rules, tweak them to your liking and you good to go.

THX Ronny for your suggestion.

P S : The new GUI is AMAZING!!!

My Best Regards!

As the bug is fixed I will move this report to Resolved.

Thank you for testing.