Firewall active, but can't find it

In the past week I noticed that Comodo Firewall (free) was not sending me messages. No icon in the tray, either. I went to Start/All Programs and tried clicking it there, but the box just kept searching. I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall the latest versiion. Nothing showing in Add/Remove Programs. I tried using Absolute Uninstaller, again, nothing showing. Due to other problems I had to do a clean install of XP and then restored my backup. Still nothing. When I try to download and install the firewall I get a message telling me that the program is already installed and running. I have looked in all the Program Files and I can not find Comodo Firewall. How can I uninstall this damaged install? I am using the Windows Firewall and it scares me to death. I have been using Comodo for about 3 years and it’s the best I’ve ever seen. But this problem has me stumped. Once, I tried using the Comodo file cleaner and it caused me to have to do a Repair Install of XP, so I don’t want to try that again.

Thank you for any help. ???

Go here (below)
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cleanup-tool-for-comodo-internet-security-t36499.0.html

Look for this and click on “CIS Clean-up tool” Hopefully it’ll work for you :slight_smile:
CIS Clean-up Tool.zip (4.19 KB - downloaded 262 times.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:25:25 PM by languy99 »

I tried to download the file but it never did finish. Instead, I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and ran that. It removed Comodo Backup and all associated files. I am installing Comodo Firewall now, with, apparently, no problem I will reinstall Comodo Backup (LOVE that program) and some of the other free programs, too. I don’t know what happened, and I see thatothers have the same problem. I recommend Revo Uninstaller (free) as it has saved my bacon on many occasions. Thansk for all the help, everyone. I am not totally comfortable mucking around in the registry. I can do some things, with specific step by step instructions. Deleting many pages of registry entries gives me the shakes, though. LOL.

:smiley: