Firefox3.0.5 Comodo not allowig access

Okay I have tried Firefox’s “Tech support” and narrowed this problem to Comodo…

I would say my knowledge on windows xp is above most (but of course I do not know it all) and I am always learning about other things…

But here is the deal I had firefox 2.0xxx and never had this problem. The problem is when I download files, for example I have GTA San Andreas for my PC I download mods from various web sites that are well known…
After downloading a file I can reload the same page but cannot go to another page on the web site…
I get a “unable to find connection”, “web site is not available” or “firewall setting are not set and interfering with firefox” The problem happens to all websites I download anything from not just GTA mod sites…, right click download, or auto or direct click download…

This is with 3.0 and even updated to 3.0.5 and continue to have this problem, I decided to go to Firefox’s Web site and find out if there is something I was not doing, and even decided to follow there instructions for Comodo : Firewall Pro… And nothing same problem…
Shut down the Comodo firewall and bingo, I do not have the problem anymore…
So now I know my firewall is causing the problem…

My OS has Window’s Firewall, Anti Virus, but I have them disabled since I only need one firewall (Comodo’s firewall pro)… AS far as Spyware protectors I have SpyBot, (teatime disabled), Hijack this, and Spyware Blaster…
I do know that the Spybot teatimer messes with the registery keys or makes the user aware of any changes to registery keys…

I have gone into the Logs files in Comodo and get Firefox.exe (000.00.0000.0 IP# ::Http port 80 access denied, but the port# and IP# are always different depending on the website…

I have looked and tried suggestions on here from the FireFox subjects but cannot figure out what or why nothing is working… All of the files that windows runs for the internet have access, I also have never switch the Firewall out of Learn Settings since I have had it, I have had the firewall for two-three years now, so I do know (or at least I thought :frowning: how to use it… Problem has been there with firefox since updating to 30 and now 3.0.5…
I need to close forefox and reload it, in order to move on to different pages of web sites, this is been going on for 2-3 months now…
IF THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM FOR THE TOPIC I DO APOLOGIZE, I HOPE I HAVE PROVIDED ENOUGH TO GET SOME TYPE OF ANSWER OR SUGGESTIONS, I RARELY USE FORUMS OR ASK QUESTIONS, USUALLY GOOGLE SEARCH IS ALL I NEED TO FIND OUT AND FIX A PROBLEM, BUT THAT DID NOT HELP OUT FOR THIS!!!javascript:void(0);

It works when you disable the Firewall?
Or do you have to disable D+ also?

Anyway:
Start Comodo.
Click: firewall > Advanced > Network Security Policity.
Check Application rules and scroll down to firefox, and come back and tell us how those look.

I only disable or quit the Comodo Firewall program after that I can download and browse around websites without any problems… I even decided to uninstall spybot and reboot the system but that did not help…
I have also uninstalled all of firefox’s files and the program itself and re-installed it, thinking maybe there is something Comodo was not pickup on. Or something I did not click to allow access when Comodo asks about allowing Firefox access to the internet…

I will try the suggested reply and get back to you in a minute or so!!!

On my computer Firefox 3.0.5 works without any problems.
So it’s neither Firefox neither COMODO problem.
But Spybot Search and Destroy ■■■■■■■ up my internet connections so it’s probably he’s fault :wink:

I decided to download the newest firewall on comodo’s main page…

And fixed all my problems, I had Comodo’s version 2.XX and kept it updated but I guess it is out of date with the newer versions,or file types that Comodo’s older verison does not notice… I figure if its not broken or still working why change it, but I seems downloading the newest firewall fixed it… And my connection is A LOT faster too now???

I get stubborn about having to download newer version or lazy, partly becuase I do not like having to learn how to re use the program again… But I give it up to comodo they kept this version simple, like the old one…

I do not get the last comment about the SpyBot program screwing up the internet connection… I always had Spybot and the comodo firewall together for three years and never had any problems with internet access…
And it was a comodo problem, when I shut the firewall down firefox worked fine after downloads, when I had the firewall running the problem was instant again…

Spy bot never messed up my connection, but there tea timer is a pain, when installing or upgrading programs the tea timer asks if you will allow (so so) program to change registry files or keys… Thats is the only problem I have with SpyBot, I used IE’s browser one time, and got a spyware ad into my system it changed the registry keys, when I had spybot’s teatimer enabled, since then I disabled it becuase it did not do its job alerting me of spyware ads, changing my registry keys…

I figured out when my internet connection was extremely slow I had gotten something via the IE browser, and it took me a couple hours of manually removing the spyware and restarting my system to get rid of it…

I do THANK the users on here for answering back quickly, usually I have to wait about a week to get any help from people in forums, or via emails…
Next time when in doubt or having problems I will just get the latest version and just have to deal with learning to use it…

Version 2 is really old and is not being developed any longer.
Glad to hear that you got the problem fixed!