Firefox updates ?

It seems like a year ago or a little more I was using Firefox 3.6 and happy. Firefox and gone ■■■■ insane with updates to who’s end ? Just like Microsoft they keep given us what they think we need. Not at all what we want. From v3.* to v 17.02 in less than or not much more than a year ? I’m just weighing in on the many posts about Firefox updates.

Maybe the Koch brothers influenced the development ?

Don’t know the Koch brothers ? maybe you should ?

Hi sAyer,

Can you please clarify where is the alleged “insanity” and what you personally don’t like about those updates

Well, sure we can criticize MS (and we do), at the same time we (many) are still using their OS & other products
Then, any company has its own agenda & vision, so you will get what they want in the first place.
At the same time that doesn’t mean that they do not listen to their customers/making changes/improvements, etc. If one isn’t happy – the only way would be to stop using the product & find another one that can do the same or even more

Finally,

We know those libertarians, and their political standings… Oops!.. Did I mention “political” in this forum :slight_smile:
Anyway, can you please enlighten us about the relevance & correlation between the issues

Cheers!

“political”

My post easily speaks for itself. I think I posted on a thread entitled “off topic (anything & everything) .”

• Cheers

Because Firefox in no way has shown achievement in anyway to justifiably offer updates about every week.

From the top of my head, point releases from FF are on a six week schedule for full number releases (for lack of a better word) and seemingly random for point releases. If I am confusing the version number release frequency with that of another browser I do not apologize as an Opera user… 8)

This release cycle frenzy is not driven by the evil empire of Microsoft but by imitating the, in my view useless, version number system of Google Chrome. I am using one of the oldest browsers around, Opera browser, which still uses the classical version number system and is currently at 12.11 while Chrome, which is approx one third of Opera’s age, is at 22 or so… :smiley:

If we were to follow the Microsoft release cycle for browser that would not even make me happy as a browser user. It is a mystery to me why you are using Microsoft as an example to stipulate browser release cycle updates as any informed being will know that Microsoft is on the slow side of releases.

That being said. Microsoft is not the evil factor anymore it was back in the days of IE6 domination. These days Microsoft seems a very loyal scholar of web standards. These days the Webkit guys are hindering the development of HTML standard by having introduced browser specific HTML codes with Microsoft reminding them to obey the HTML 5 standards under development.

If you want an empire of evil to rebel against please rebel against Webkit (Chrome, Apple and all Linux distributions I cannot enumerate) but not Microsoft.

For all those who don’t want to polarize, if only for the reason not to be reprimanded in any way type or form by mods or overzealous members, you are or will be an appreciated member of this wonderful open place. 88) 8) :a0

Thanks Eric,

I was just a lil bit late :slight_smile:

It does not, therefore were my (unanswered) questions.

It doesn’t mean that §8.3 of the Forum Policy excludes Offtopic.
Sure that was just your opinion and there were no escalation… yet…,
but we all know how easy that can happen.
Believe me (& others) do know their (Koch- father & Koch brothers’s) agenda very well. I can go & go about it not being superficial. I just don’t want to

So again: what kind of correlation can you see in the context with Fox’s updates?
… Comodo, Java, Flash, hardware firmware and so on… updates… any Software updates?
What about updating/upgrading our PC’s, tablets, smart phones, etc. Few years ago we could say something like: ”Oh! my PC or whatever is just 3 (5 ???) years old – that’s Ok!” Can you say it nowadays? Yeah… but not really…

1st of all it is never every week unless you are talking about nightly builds & some betas.
Then I personally disagree. Firefox improved drastically including update procedures for itself & its Add-Ons. It is still one of the best if not the best browsers out there.

Cheers!

Time is never at anybody’s command…

It does not, therefore were my (unanswered) questions. It doesn’t mean that §8.3 of the Forum Policy excludes Offtopic. Sure that was just your opinion and there were no escalation... yet..., but we all know how easy that can happen. Believe me (& others) do know their (Koch- father & Koch brothers’s) agenda very well. I can go & go about it not being superficial. I just don’t want to
I did not mention them for a reason.
Therefore again: what kind of correlation can you see in the context with Fox’s updates? … Comodo, Java, Flash, hardware firmware and so on... updates... any Software updates? What about updating/upgrading our PC’s, tablets, smart phones, etc. Few years ago we could say something like: ”Oh! my PC or whatever is just 3 (5 ???) years old – that’s Ok!” Can you say it nowadays? Yeah... but not really... 1st of all it is never every week unless you are talking about nightly builds & some betas.
Notice how I stated " seemingly random for point releases".
Then I personally disagree. Firefox improved drastically including update procedures for itself & its Add-Ons. It is still one of the best if not the best browsers out there.

Cheers!

I could not comment on FF performance as I have it installed just to have it and for the incidental occasion where I want to cross reference to how a website (mis)behaves in Opera browser. The same applies to various other browsers. I have installed the main branch of FF and not the legacy 3.x branch.

Thanks again Eric,

but all I’ve wrote was addressed to sAyer’s initial post & reply :slight_smile:

No problems here re: your reply

Cheers!

P.S.
just asking myself: “did I ever have issues with EricJH?” 88) :THNK

disinformation ? ;D

I told you they had deep ties . . .

[Quote] From the top of my head, point releases from FF are on a six week schedule for full number releases (for lack of a better word) and seemingly random for point releases. If I am confusing the version number release frequency with that of another browser I do not apologize as an Opera user… Cool
[/quote]
Respect .

man I hate to say i said so .

Firefox 3.6.28
Released: 08 Mar 2012 (8 months ago)

today’s version as of now
18.2 beta does that sound like a nightly or six month cycle build . . .

everybody is so ■■■■ smart and me being just stupid. :wink:

This is going nowhere as far as I’m concerned
You told us what? Not yet. You told us nothing

“They” who? Fox updates + Koch family + their political agenda? That was not answered

“deep ties” ??? with what?

Despite many things Koch(es) were/are trying to convey are extremely doubtful/dubious they have many interesting ideas as a matter of fact :wink:
Some (stressing - not all of those!) has proven support currently … & that happened/happening many years later, meaning now, compare to when they were trying to pass a message initially
Please read & have a look for example at the demographic situation around the world (pretty small, but important part of the issue predicted by them way way ago);
Find out what other countries are saying and confirming. By “other countries” I mean those that cannot even closely being brainwashed by just a few rich (for a good reason actually) American-Dutch folks…

So basically, by “tying” something completely unrelated currently says one thing to me - unfortunately you have been involved and brainwashed by the media propaganda and anti-propaganda for no apparent reason concerning the matter

Cheers!

You fly your kite and I’ll fly mine . . ." Your the man’s boy " , you do not make a terrific argument for yourself .

1st of all - stop it & look at yourself
There were never arguments to start with - there were just questions initially

You did not answer a single question asked by me or Eric

“man('s) boy” term is extremely derogatory & insulting
Most likely you English is not up to standard…

(rest assured I haven’t reported that to any mods)

As mentioned you’d rather read & learn before you ever make a single attempt talking to me
You do not have enough education as far I can conclude after all of the ■■■■ posed here by you
& you are not an intelligent person at all
Education … well it can be treated “somehow”,
… but concerning the latter one (intelligence) … bad luck, man - you are definite gonner :smiley:

P.S.
What sorta “kite” you had in mind? (images attached)
or
“Predator”, speaking of human-being … cheat/racketeer/spiv , etc.

Oh! forget it. You don’t have a simple idea about any of those :smiley:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I see your point but I would suggest to update anyway because of the security patches (prevent exploits).

I’m sorry did I hurt your feelings by expressing mine ? 100,000 apologies. I have no problems with answering questions, just not weak ones. I think my point of Firefox updates is shared by many.

[b]"man('s) boy"[/b] term [i]is extremely derogatory & insulting[/i] Most likely you English is not up to standard...

(rest assured I haven’t reported that to any mods)

what are you 12 years old or something ? seriously ?

LOL! Next time I will read everything before I post… Calm down guys. But look who is saying that… Yes me! LOL! :slight_smile:

+1

lol ;D

As much as I would have liked to stop reading, I can’t really be in a position to judge anything unless I’ve actually read any of it so… please stop arguing in the thread and do it by pm (better yet, just stop). It hurts my eyes and somehow, I feel that other people might be feeling the same.

Couldn’t have said it better.

I have a few questions and comments of my own. May I?

I’ll be thinking out loud.

To state to seemingly unrelated subjects of course imply a connection which, however put, is always political. What then could be the political statement being made?

Koch brothers are known for what most would term “greed”. Their move on the market caused a major disruption in the economy over which thousands became unemployed. Market. Market, power, greed. What about firefox? What’s wrong with it?

Suspiciously fast updates within a year? Why? And what’s the connections o the Kochs? Market? So update release not really important, but only show for market? Why? Gain more market share through (false) improvements? Proof? No proof. None on the other either. Arguments are in a standstill. Nothing conclusive.

Context? Firefox within this year. Firefox as a browser. Browser updates. Browser updates for what? Compatibility, functionality, security? This year. Appearance of innovative ideas. Many? A lot. Like what? HTML 5, Flash, Java, vulnerabilities, pdf, changing web standards and security, speed? competition? Evidence? No evidence on competition. Speed, requests on forums. Vulnerabilities? reports on Java, phishing, cookies and flash. Web standards and policies? Privacy concerns. Do Not Track Me Movements. HTML 5. What about security improvements? Proof? PC Magazine articles. Updates justifiable? Seems like it.

Giving us what they think we need not what we want. We in reference to whom? An organized group? A select group? The whole community of users? A percentage of the community? Is there a general consensus?

What they think we need. Just about any company always do what they think is best for both company and user, relying on the principle that taking care of the user and the business will take care of itself. What does the user want? Who is the average user?

Since I could not draw a conclusive statement, I cannot make any conclusive critique of Firefox as a browser. If perhaps we could find an expert in browser code and have 3.6 analyzed and contrasted to current release, we can dig a little deeper.

!ot!

I’m placing this by the end because probably not many would read the length of an entire post written by me. So I’m guessing that by this end, many would have given up. This may work to my advantage because of the language that will be used.

“what are you 12 years old or something? seriously?”

His reaction is not exactly appropriate, but it’s not without basis.

sAyer’s “You’re the man’s boy” might properly be “You’re-the-man boy” and the difference between the two explains Siberlynx’s reaction.

“You’re the man’s boy” does not equate to “You’re-the-man boy” and may mean one of two things.

1. You’re the son of a man previously mention.
  2. You’re someone else’s beach (intentional).

Taking it into context, the latter would be the most probable which is indeed very derogatory considering our patriarchal society and standards.

“You’re-the-man boy” is likewise derogatory, albeit, a lot less offensive. It means a naive (boy) conceited (You’re the man, an expression commonly used to highlight any one person for any reason such as intelligence or action, or as sarcasm to imply the opposite) person.

I recognize Siberlynx’s reaction as legitimate, just out of place and equally derogatory (likewise for sAyer). We must recognize that there is no definite standard in the usage of English other than Aristotle’s “Logos, Pathos, Ethos”. To question any person’s intelligence (which quite unfortunately is committed by sAyer as well: “just not weak ones”) is well, you get the point. So please, I’m really begging people. Can’t we just keep the threads clean?

I can live with that. If I offended anyone then I apologize. Thanks for weighing in spainach_12. :slight_smile: Just for the record those Firefox updates are out of hand and then some. What I started saying and what i will finish with.